Author Topic: Breaking: Obama administration to distribute 13,000 armored mine resistand vehicles to police units around the US  (Read 572 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Obama Administration to Distribute 13,000 Armored Mine-Resistant Vehicles to Police Units Around the US

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, March 1, 2014, 10:18 PM

Welcome to Salinas, California. It’s a community of only 150,000 people and the owner of the military assault death machine.
salinas po death machine

That’s right, a city of less than a quarter million owns a rolling death machine complete with a machine gun turret on top.
And, they’re not alone.

The Obama administration is looking to distribute 13,000 armored mine-resistant vehicles to police departments around the country.
FOX 2 News in St. Louis reported:

We may soon see military in armored trucks roaming our city streets. The reason, the Pentagon is looking to drastically cut back America`s military might. One way of getting rid of expensive battlefield vehicles is by giving them to police departments.

An estimated 13,000 mine-resistant vehicles are expected to be distributed around the country. They weigh about 20-tons and get five miles per gallon.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/03/breaking-obama-administration-to-distribute-13000-armored-mine-resistant-vehicles-to-police-units-around-the-us/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:45:21 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline katzenjammer

Oceander

Has anyone in the federal leviathan or one of the recipient state agencies articulated a reason for this?  At its most innocuous one might simply see this as a back-handed way of keeping these things operational without having to spend any federal funds to do so by pushing responsibility for operational costs down to the state agencies that get these things.  I've no doubt that they'll be required to return these things to the federal leviathan upon request.

Offline mountaineer

Has anyone in the federal leviathan or one of the recipient state agencies articulated a reason for this? 
If the feds don't hand out this military stuff to local law enforcement, the terrorists win. Or something.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

If the feds don't hand out this military stuff to local law enforcement, the terrorists win. Or something.   **nononono*

I'd be interested in seeing if there are any actual quotes or press release items that attempt to "explain" this; we could speculate 'til the cows come home - and no doubt some of that speculation would be on target - but it's such a grossly disporportional matter that I'd really like to see the actual spin on this.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?