Author Topic: Walt Disney World's gay-friendly theme park is no longer friends with the Boy Scouts  (Read 1351 times)

rangerrebew

Walt Disney World’s Gay-Friendly Theme Park Is No Longer Friends With the Boy Scouts

March 1, 2014
By Sara Noble

Walt Disney World, the gay-friendly theme park, has dropped the Florida Boy Scouts of America (BSA) as a recognized charity because they are not gay-friendly enough. The volunteer hours of their 60,000+ employees that were spent helping the Central Florida Council of the BSA will not be recognized. Grants from the “EARS to you” program will not be given to the BSA.

The Florida Boy Scouts admit openly-gay youths but they do not accept openly-gay adult leaders.

For many, having openly gay leaders, would be like a man taking your daughter on camping trips. For some, there is a fear of the activism of openly gay leaders which will possibly inculcate their children with sexual information they’d rather they didn’t have. Most people don’t send their children to scouting for sex and gender indoctrination.

Normal people who are gay are lumped under one heading – LGBT – and frankly, not all LGBT’s are living a reputable lifestyle. The LGBT community and their gay-friendly partners refuse to recognize the darker side of some they’ve chosen to include under their banner.

Walt Disney World is a major destination for “Gay Day” events which draws normal gays and also attracts more than a fair share of exhibitionists and loudmouths. When people see the clownish and sexed-up side of the gay community – around theme parks no less – they don’t want to expose their children to that.

Gay-Days-Expo-400x346

Writer Sally Kohn wants Disney to make a Gay marriage fairy tale, no double entendre intended. I’m sure it’s coming.

This Boy Scout issue is more of the LGBT community bullying others. LGBT’s should never be discriminated against but they have no right to single out and discriminate against others.

Where will this lead? Eventually, the ban-NAZIs, who are opposed to free speech, will carry this much further. Priests, orthodox ministers and Rabbis had better prepare because much worse is coming.

Disney is well-into the left-wing control trip and recently banned the advertising of junk food  on their TV shows.

FAT-IS-OUT

If you think the control Stasis will ever stop, you are wrong. They have only just begun.

The Boy Scouts are just one stop along the way to making the entire LGBT culture, even the dark side, normalized.

Why does everyone have to accept LGBTs but LGBTs get to ban those with whom they disagree?

“While Disney does not provide support to the national council or directly to local councils of the BSA, they did occasionally provide small grants to local Scout troops and packs through an employee program that recognized the volunteer service hours of its employees,” said Deron Smith, director of BSA public relations.

“We believe every child deserves the opportunity to be a part of the Scouting experience and we are disappointed in this decision because it will impact our ability to serve kids,” he said.

Disney World is one of the highest-ranked gay employers according to the Human Rights Campaign. That’s fine but why are they bullying the scouts?

The BSA reached out to Walt Disney World but the very cocky Disney is not interested because “their views do not currently align with the BSA…”

Other sponsors who have ditched the scouts in an effort to force them to comply are Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar, Major League Soccer, Merck, Intel and UPS.

The demands of LGBTs are more important than our Bill of Rights to those who ban and exclude.

If I’m wrong, tell me why. I’d like to understand.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/walt-disney-worlds-gay-friendly-theme-park-is-no-longer-friends-with-the-boy-scouts/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:19:22 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Olivia

Yuk!  Our family went to Disney several years ago without realizing it was "gay week-end."
It was a disgusting experience and one I will not repeat. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

rangerrebew

Yuk!  Our family went to Disney several years ago without realizing it was "gay week-end."
It was a disgusting experience and one I will not repeat.

Do they have a "straight week-end" to honor those not gay? :thud:

Offline SouthTexas

Disney has the right to choose whichever path they wish as do I in never supporting them.  The rest of the country needs to wake up and realize what the majority can do with the power of the purse. 

They can have gay day everyday as far as I'm concerned but will find out real quick, there aren't quite as many gays in this country as the media would have you believe.

Offline happyg

At $100 per person admission, who can afford it, except the chosen ones?

Offline SouthTexas

At $100 per person admission, who can afford it, except the chosen ones?

Paid more than that for a Nascar race.  Redneck theme park?  :laugh:

Offline happyg

Paid more than that for a Nascar race.  Redneck theme park?  :laugh:

But, NASCAR isn't operating every day. It costs $100 per person to be fed at Disney, as well.

Offline SouthTexas

But, NASCAR isn't operating every day. It costs $100 per person to be fed at Disney, as well.

I know, was playing.  Told the kids I would buy the tickets, they were responsible for getting their families to the track and feeding them all day.   ^-^

Offline mountaineer

Disney has the right to choose whichever path they wish as do I in never supporting them.  The rest of the country needs to wake up and realize what the majority can do with the power of the purse. 

They can have gay day everyday as far as I'm concerned but will find out real quick, there aren't quite as many gays in this country as the media would have you believe.
Exactly. This is (or should be) how a free market works. If you don't like what Disney does, don't give them your money.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

The problem is that the majority doesn't care.

If they did, Disney wouldn't get away with things like this, but they will.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline SouthTexas

The problem is that the majority doesn't care.

If they did, Disney wouldn't get away with things like this, but they will.

Guess we can coop Obummer's message and Hope for change...

Actually we need to get off our collective asses and get up and do something.   Note I said "we" and what we should do is questionable.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:21:31 pm by SouthTexas »

Offline evadR

"They can have gay day everyday as far as I'm concerned but will find out real quick, there aren't quite as many gays in this country as the media would have you believe."

It was incredible what Hitler was able to do with 10% but what the gays have been able to do with 2% is truly unimaginable. 
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline happyg

"They can have gay day everyday as far as I'm concerned but will find out real quick, there aren't quite as many gays in this country as the media would have you believe."

It was incredible what Hitler was able to do with 10% but what the gays have been able to do with 2% is truly unimaginable.

There might be 2% gay people, but I'm inclined to believe there are a helluva lot of bi-sexuals that aren't counted. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

Offline Rapunzel

Disney is not the same since ABC purchased it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

There might be 2% gay people, but I'm inclined to believe there are a helluva lot of bi-sexuals that aren't counted. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
yeah...the bi's are the pervs.

Offline raml

I use to in the very olden days have stock in Disney now I boycott them. There are plenty of theme parks without lowering oneself to go to Disney's. I block the tv station my grandkids don't need their crap either.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Anyone with an ounce, or less, of common sense knows that the very last thing in the world any rational person would do is to mix 'boy-scouts' with gay people.

I have nothing personal against 'gays' (as they call themselves), but come on man. How about a little common sense here? How about a little common decency?

Is America truely becoming the land of blooming fools?

Maybe we should send the girl scouts to a pedophile convention...oh wait....we did that.

Nevermind.

I'm thinking I just don't belong here anymore. I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline evadR

Anyone with an ounce, or less, of common sense knows that the very last thing in the world any rational person would do is to mix 'boy-scouts' with gay people.

I have nothing personal against 'gays' (as they call themselves), but come on man. How about a little common sense here? How about a little common decency?

Is America truely becoming the land of blooming fools?

Maybe we should send the girl scouts to a pedophile convention...oh wait....we did that.

D I T T O

Nevermind.

I'm thinking I just don't belong here anymore. I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.
DITTO
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:39:47 pm by evadR² »

Offline Relic

You aren't alone on that.
I wonder if it's age, and the world just passed me by?

Offline Olivia

Do they have a "straight week-end" to honor those not gay? :thud:

No, as that would be discrimination and we would be called bigots. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Olivia

Offline Olivia

Especially since this administration has chosen them for "their people."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:36:35 pm by Olivia »

Offline evadR

Especially since this administration has chosen them for "their people."
Yes...Zero's "chosen people"