Author Topic: SHOCKING VIDEOS: Pete Sessions Supports Amnesty to ‘Accommodate’ Illegal Aliens for ‘Right Reasons’  (Read 903 times)

Offline happyg

by Matthew Boyle

A series of videos from several town halls in 2013 have surfaced showing that Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) supports amnesty for illegal aliens, despite claims from his re-election campaign that he is against allowing illegal aliens stay in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zip8b5sjfw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8dfSTjKw8&feature=player_embedded
In the videos, Sessions frames his support for amnesty as granting legal status to illegal aliens who are not violent criminals—but somehow not citizenship, even though anyone who obtains a green card is allowed to eventually apply for citizenship. Sessions described such an amnesty as aiming to “accommodate” illegal aliens, “millions of people who are here for the right reasons.” He also said that he thinks “the vast majority of people who are here” as long as they are “here truly for the right reason,” should and “would be welcomed.”

“I believe that my colleagues in the House have on a sheet of paper designed a system that would accommodate millions of people who are here for the right reasons, millions of people who today may be illegal—illegally here—but who would be handled fairly under a process,” Sessions is seen saying on one video from 2013.

Sessions added:
“But we should not take those that are here who are dangerous who have committed serious crimes and to do like what the administration did when they released 2,000 people the first week of sequestration, of people who had committed felony offenses. We got to worry about trying to define these things and trying to separate—being here is one matter, being a criminal and dangerous to this country is another because if you come to this country legally you have to pass a background check and that background check is something that I believe is still difficult for some. But if you’re here truly for the right reason, I think the vast majority of people are here and they would be welcomed. I think we have to separate that fact from the rest.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/03/1/VIDEO-PETE%20SESSIONS-EXPRESSES-SUPPORT-AMNESTY

Offline sinkspur

Shocking?  LOL!!

The GOP is going to have to come around to legalizing some illegals and providing work permits for the rest.

And Katrina Pearson is not going to beat Pete Sessions next Tuesday.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

Now you are pro amnesty?  Is there a position you ever stick with?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Now you are pro amnesty?  Is there a position you ever stick with?

Nothing doing.  Every time I get one of those three-day-timeouts, you're always around.

Ain't gonna engage with you anymore Rap.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline katzenjammer

Offline Rapunzel

Nothing doing.  Every time I get one of those three-day-timeouts, you're always around.

Ain't gonna engage with you anymore Rap.

Whatever.....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Shocking?  LOL!!

The GOP is going to have to come around to legalizing some illegals and providing work permits for the rest.

And Katrina Pearson is not going to beat Pete Sessions next Tuesday.

:thumbsup:

As to the first point: exactly; and it would be much better if the GOP got out ahead of the curve and started proposing reforms along these lines, than to end up (once again) being dragged kicking and screaming into agreeing with something that was wholly written by the democrats alone.

As to the second point: I have no idea one way or the other.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:38:10 am by Oceander »