If it was not for “The Blaze” I could easily do without Roku and not miss it a bit. The Movie channels like Netflix, and Amazon are also available through my TV and PS3, and I like the look and feel of them through the PS3 the best so that is where we go. I’m a classic movie fan and there is a ton of free old movie channels in the channel store that you can add to your Roku favorites, but they are all public domain B movies and less than B movies that play in rather poor quality, same with the classic TV channels. So even though I have several of these like Pop Flix, Drive-In Classics and Movie Vault in my favorites, I have never played a full movie from them and very few titles they have interest me.
About 80% of the New stuff in the Channel Store are Church channels, and little of the other 20% is even worth adding to your favorites. The only other channel I use on a frequent bases other than The Blaze, is a Old-Time Radio channel because I like old-time radio like Jack Benny, Life of Riley, Abbott and Costello, Charlie McCarthy, etc.
Maybe ROKU will get better, and maybe it has with some of the newer devices (mine is 4 years old), but I’m glad I didn’t pay a lot for it. I would miss the Blaze though if it was gone.
By the way The Blaze for me sometimes has a buffering problem. Not sure if is my internet or the Roku that causes it, or if its because too many people are watching it at the same time.