Author Topic: Ted Cruz: "Stand Up To Putin's Power Grab... Stand With Ukraine"  (Read 1456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kevinglass/2014/02/28/ted-cruz-stand-up-to-putins-power-grab-stand-with-ukraine-n1802493/print

March 1, 2014
Ted Cruz: "Stand Up To Putin's Power Grab... Stand With Ukraine"

2/28/2014 9:01:00 PM - Kevin Glass
In the wake of President Obama's tepid response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine - the Obama Administration called it an "unplanned arrival" - Republicans pushed for a stronger response.

Sen. Ted Cruz warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin would not take the cautious words of President Obama very seriously - and look into suspending Russia from the World Trade Organization and the United Nations Security Council:

"As the President and his national security team are apparently the last to learn, Putin has scant regard for international norms when they run counter to his goal of re-establishing Soviet-style regional hegemony over unfortunate states like Georgia and Ukraine who have the temerity to want a more free, prosperous future for their people. And Putin is under no illusions that the President’s vague threats mean any more than his infamous ‘red line’ in the Syrian desert.

“If we were serious about standing up to Putin’s power grab, we would immediately suspend Russian membership in the Group of Eight (G8), which should consist of nations that can contribute to a civilized order. And if the Russians persist in this aggressive action, we should look into additional measures such as suspension from the World Trade Organization and even the United Nations Security Council.

“The United States should stand with Ukraine.”

This continues a string of tough talk from Sen. Cruz on Russia and warnings that President Obama is taking the threat of the Russian Bear a little lightly. In January, Cruz said that Putin was "playing chess, and the United States is playing checkers."

Sen. Marco Rubio was more concise and direct, calling Vladimir Putin a tyrant. "The U.S. cannot accept Russian aggression against a neighbor and United Nations member in blatant violation of international law," Rubio said in a statement. "Tyrants like Vladimir Putin may threaten and intimidate, but the clear arc of history favors people's universal desire to be free."

It was only yesterday that American intelligence reportedly assessed that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine, as The Daily Beast's Eli Lake reported that a U.S. intelligence official concluded that Russian military maneuvers were concerning but "we don't have any reason to think it's more than military exercises."

And, of course, CNN brings us the picture on the ground in Ukraine today:

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Ted Cruz: "Stand Up To Putin's Power Grab... Stand With Ukraine"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:05:42 pm »
Just looking for an excuse to post this.

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »
All this rhetoric and bluster makes my head spin.

I know that Bambi (Mr. I'll be more flexible after I'm elected) and Putin are interested in world domination by two groups, Communists and Muzlims.

Seems to me like the plan is right on track.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »

LOL...My Little Pony

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 05:16:10 pm »

:bigsilly:

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

That would be hilarious if it weren't so damn true.   8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:09:37 pm »
I know that Bambi (Mr. I'll be more flexible after I'm elected) and Putin are interested in world domination by two groups, Communists and Muzlims.

I fear you're correct.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 07:09:33 pm »

But the muzlims hate gay people more than Christians and Jews and they are a peaceful religion, ya know...

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline evadR

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »

But the muzlims hate gay people more than Christians and Jews and they are a peaceful religion, ya know...

YES, I do do know that, a few severed heads not withstanding.
But, the gays, like the negros, are politically ignorant and they will follow their master to the cliff, where he will throw them over when he's done with them.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »
So is Bambi playing golf or basketball today or sleeping over his 5 o'clock somewhere hangover.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 08:50:40 pm »
So is Bambi playing golf or basketball today or sleeping over his 5 o'clock somewhere hangover.

I dont know but this will make you sick to your stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-6HX62ZoPc

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/01/obamas-reaction-to-heckler-at-dnc-a-telling-sign-of-his-cult-like-power-103847

Does he pay people now to chant Obaaama? Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:52:53 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:57:50 pm »
Just hearing his voice my blood pressure rise......... watching him does make me want to  :2barf:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 09:05:53 pm »
Just hearing his voice my blood pressure rise......... watching him does make me want to  :2barf:

Did you notice his arrogance and fast eye blinking, you know he was thinking who let that guy in here we paid people to chant to me.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »
Did you notice his arrogance and fast eye blinking, you know he was thinking who let that guy in here we paid people to chant to me.

I saw it - the man is evil.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 10:44:40 pm »
Supposedly spending time with child filmmakers, or some such thing. No time for national security briefings! I don't know about D.C., but it was almost warm enough here to play golf, and we're about a five or six-hour drive west of Obammyland.  I took a walk instead, but just sayin' ....
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 11:26:14 pm »

I object, Your Honor. Rainbow Dash has too high standards to associate with Obama. One of the key aspects of the series is teaching kids not to lie.  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 01:20:22 am »
What does Cruz mean by "stand with Ukraine?"  Is he advocating military action?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------