Author Topic: Anchor dars to ask planned parenthood boss when life begins; she avoids answering, say it 'isn't really relevant'  (Read 372 times)

rangerrebew

Anchor Dares to Ask Planned Parenthood Boss When Life Begins; She Avoids Answering, Says It 'Isn't Really Relevant'

By Tim Graham

Created 02/28/2014 - 11:10pm

Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, America’s largest abortion conglomerate, did an interview Thursday on the new Fusion network with anchorman Jorge Ramos.

The section sparking everyone’s attention came when Ramos – self-respecting enough to offer more than the piffle a Ronan Farrow offers on MSNBC – asked when life begins for Richards. She labored mightily not to answer, since abortion advocates eschew science and believe that women should be able to abort even AFTER a child is born:

JORGE RAMOS: Can I ask you a philosophical question?

CECILE RICHARDS: Sure.

RAMOS So for you, when does life start? When does a human being become a human being?

RICHARDS This is a question, I think, that will be debated through the centuries, and people come down to very different views on that.

RAMOS But for you, what’s the point?

RICHARDS It is not something that I feel like is really part of this conversation. I mean, to me, we work with women – I guess the way I’d really like to I think every woman has to make her own decision. What we do at Planned Parenthood  is make sure that women have all their options for health care, and they have the option to have a healthy pregnancy, they have the option to put a child up for adoption if they decide to carry the pregnancy to term, or they have the right to make a decision to terminate a pregnancy.

Ramos tried to pierce through the moral relativism one more time, and Richards repeated "I don’t think it’s really relevant to the conversation," but then she said for her three children, their “life began when I delivered them.”

On Friday, Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser offered a pro-life response:

Cecile Richards’ comments were insensitive and unfeeling to any woman who has ever been pregnant, especially those women who have suffered the pain of miscarriage.

This is an example of the problem of getting so wrapped up in the politics of ‘reproductive choice,’ that the real experience of pregnant women becomes secondary. Richards’ statement misses what most Americans understand about pregnancy, especially women. There are two human beings involved.

If there are disappointments at the ballot box for Planned Parenthood in 2014 it will be an outgrowth of this disconnect with the women they claim to represent.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/02/28/anchor-dares-ask-planned-parenthood-boss-when-life-begins-she-avoids-ans
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:29:45 pm by rangerrebew »