Author Topic: Obama sues to allow Illinois Muslims to refuse to perform their designated job for religious reasons and not get fired.  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Why shouldn't this "accommodation" be given to bus drivers and train drivers also? ]]

Heh, interesting that you mentioned this.

I gave Ted Kennedy a ride from New Haven to New York once.

Should I have been permitted to beg off the job because I didn't care for him?

Offline Carling

If this were the case in question we are discussing. I would say the same thing, too bad so sad. He would have had to known he was delivering' abortifacients' if he does not like it he should have never signed a work contract or shook the owners hand and taken the job. So he nor any government agency would have any basis in suing if he lost his job for refusing literal delivery of abortifacients, IMO.

Yeah, this seems obvious to me.  If your religious beliefs keep you from doing a job that employs you, then find a new job.  On the other hand, if you own a business and don't want to serve people, that's up to you, and the public can boycott/picket/whatever your business.  In my free market mind, the business owner makes their decisions, and the employees and public responds.   :shrug:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

Yeah, this seems obvious to me.  If your religious beliefs keep you from doing a job that employs you, then find a new job.  On the other hand, if you own a business and don't want to serve people, that's up to you, and the public can boycott/picket/whatever your business.  In my free market mind, the business owner makes their decisions, and the employees and public responds.   :shrug:

I agree. Heard some interesting discussion about this on the David Webb show - he had a guest on talking about the ACLU is working up to forcing churches to marry gay people.. someone called in and said how can they do that since a priest (or minister) ministers to his "congregation" and if you don't like the church or congregation you are free to leave and find one which does agree with your views.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776