Author Topic: Elijah Cummings Gives Oscar-Worthy Performance in IRS Hearing Freakout  (Read 1172 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/05/Elijah-Cummings-Gives-Oscar-Worthy-Performance-in-IRS-Hearing-Freakout

by Kurt Bardella 5 Mar 2014

It was a performance for the ages.

“You cannot have a one-sided investigation," shouted Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the Ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. "There is something absolutely wrong with that. And it’s absolutely un-American.”

His tirade--and it should be noted that while Cummings was yelling Issa remained composed and calm--was an instant made-for-YouTube moment, and I suspect that was exactly the point.

If anything, this moment personifies the entire reason why Cummings is the ranking member today.

People forget that the panel’s former chairman, Edolphus “Ed” Towns (D-NY), was in-line to be the leading Democrat on the Committee, but the Democratic Leadership pushed him out and Cummings was instilled (over the more senior Carolyn Maloney) for the sole purpose of obstructing the investigations led by incoming Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA).

After Towns was successfully shoved aside and Maloney passed-over, Cummings boasted to Politico that he was eager to take on Issa, saying, “I live in the neighborhood where The Wire was filmed…”

From the very beginning, it was clear that Cummings was put in that position to do everything possible to obstruct oversight over the Obama Administration.

When the Attorney General refused to turn over documents that could have shed light on the inner workings of the botched gun-operation known as Fast & Furious, Elijah Cummings was silent.

When then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on national television to mislead the American people about the terrorist attack that killed four innocent Americans in Benghazi, Elijah Cummings was silent.

When the IRS was caught targeting conservatives, and the Obama Administration tried to pass of the lie that the effort was limited to two employees in an office in Cincinnati, Cummings declared that the “case is solved.”

And then came today’s performance.

For the second time in less than a year, Lois Lerner, the former Director of Tax-Exempt Organizations at the IRS, asserted her 5th Amendment right to remain silent.

Right on cue, Cummings went Al Pacino (And Justice for All) on everyone, but his outrage doesn’t stem from the fact that, yet again, the person who can unlock the truth about what really happened at the IRS but refuses to speak; that would be too obvious and actually make sense.

Instead, Cummings directed his ire at the Committee’s chairman for adjourning the hearing and launched into a riveting display of righteous indignation.

“You cannot have a one-sided investigation...” – but wait a minute – whose fault is it that it’s one-sided?

Cummings already dismissed the investigation in May of 2013 and declared on national television that the Committee should “move on.”

He can’t really express outrage that he isn’t a part of an investigation he already forfeited his place in by saying the case was “solved?"

I’m sure the Committee would welcome the input and perspective of the Obama Administration, but the one person who has the most knowledge about the entire “targeting” program will only talk if she is granted immunity.

Now ask yourself: if you have nothing to hide, if no wrong-doing was committed, if there isn’t even a “smidgen of corruption” as President Obama famously declared in a Super Bowl Sunday interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, then why won’t Lerner talk without the protection of immunity?

During his outburst, Cummings asked, “What are we hiding?”

Wouldn’t it have been nice if he directed that question to the witness instead?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Lerner just plead the fifth AFTER Issa read just parts of e-mail evidence they have nailing her. As well as it was admitted that Obama's chief council led the entire attack of shutting down the tea party via the IRS...

And the black congressional caucus's head cheerleader for Obama goes off like a maniac screaming lies that his commie dictator Obama is innocent and it is a republican w i t c h hunt..

He looks like somebody. I can't quite peg it.

Black Elmer Fudd or someone else?

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I am sure Maddow et al said Issa is a racist for not allowing Cummings to give a speech we have all heard before.

Cummings and the dems/BCC seem like they will stop at nothing defending Obama.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Had to divert attention away from the multiple invoking of the 5th amendment somehow and he did it to perfection!

The story instantly became how Issa mistreated him! And Lerner was forgotten completely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " Hunter S. Thompson

Imagine what ValJar and Elijah Cummings babies would look and act like. Ewww okay no more of that but are they from another planet of brainwashed freaks?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Had to divert attention away from the multiple invoking of the 5th amendment somehow and he did it to perfection!

The story instantly became how Issa mistreated him! And Lerner was forgotten completely!

Like a magician, they are masters at distraction.  Don't look at what THIS hand is doing.  Here!  Look at what THAT hand is doing - it's all shiny and sparkly!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

Late last night I watched The Five for the first time in a couple of months ........ Oceander Perino thought Issa was an old meanie.  She is the main reason I no longer watch The Five BTW.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776