Author Topic: Embalmers find man alive and kicking in body bag  (Read 505 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Embalmers find man alive and kicking in body bag
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:43:03 am »
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/2014/02/28/bodybag-coroner-mississippi-funeral-home/5896561/

Embalmers find man alive and kicking in body bag

Doug Stanglin, USA TODAY 3:54 p.m. EST February 28, 2014
A coroner had declared him dead after taking his pulse

(Photo: WAPT-TV)
SHARE 3709 CONNECT 54 TWEET 19 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Workers at a Mississippi funeral home found an elderly man alive and kicking in a zipped-up body bag as they were preparing to embalm him, the Clarion-Ledger reports.

Walter Williams, a 78-year-old farmer who had been pronounced dead at his home Wednesday night by a coroner, woke up inside the bag at the Porter and Sons Funeral Home in Lexington, Miss., about five hours later.

"I asked the coroner what happened, and the only thing he could say is that it's a miracle," Holmes County Sheriff Willie March said,

Coroner Dexter Howard had declared Williams dead after checking his pulse.

"I did my part in checking him, I filed my paperwork, and we were ready to make the removal," Howard said. "We got him to the funeral home, and into the embalming room and noticed the kicking, and he began to breathe."

Williams' nephew, Eddie Hester, told WAPT-TV that he "stood there and watched them put him in a body bag and zipped it up."

After he became animated inside the bag, paramedics rushed Williams to a hospital.

"I don't know how long he's going to be here, but I know he's back right now. That's all that matters," Hester told WAPT.

The coroner said Williams' pacemaker may have stopped working and then started up again.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Re: Embalmers find man alive and kicking in body bag
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 04:46:02 am »
sounds like they need to add another item to the "is he dead yet" checklist:  check pacemaker for possible malfunction

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:48:22 am »
I bet it scared the heck out of the people in the room when he started kicking around in the bag,... :silly:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:26 am »
I bet it scared the heck out of the people in the room when he started kicking around in the bag,... :silly:

I'll bet it scared him even moreso!

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »
bet they had to change their pants too :silly: :thud:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton