Author Topic: HHS Changes the Rules for States With Malfunctioning Online Exchanges  (Read 409 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: HHS Changes the Rules for States With Malfunctioning Online Exchanges
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »
And this is allowed under the provisions of the law itself, or is this just another executive ad lib?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
And this is allowed under the provisions of the law itself, or is this just another executive ad lib?

The latter. I heard a bit about this on Fox while I was running errands this afternoon, they started the segment with Obama had made more changes to O-Care and then proceeded to talk about this. The short and sweet is the government will go ahead and have the states give their citizens subsidies and then sometime in the future see if they ever paid a premium and this is all courtesy of Obama.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:59:46 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »
The latter. I heard a bit about this on Fox while I was running errands this afternoon, they started the segment with Obama had made more changes to O-Care and then proceeded to talk about this. The short and sweet is the government will go ahead and have the states give their citizens subsidies and then sometime in the future see if they ever paid a premium and this is all courtesy of Obama.

In other words, the law doesn't allow this but he's doing it anyways, correct?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:50 PM »
In other words, the law doesn't allow this but he's doing it anyways, correct?

Yes.

This is the sort of thing Jonathan Turley was testifying about this week as totally illegal and unconstitutional and why Turley thinks we are at a dangerous tipping point constitution-wise with a President doing what he wants and a congress unable or unwilling to stop him... and this from a constitutional law professor who himself is a flaming liberal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf