Author Topic: Krauthammer’s Take: Obama Tells the World We Aren’t Going to Do Anything About Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/372298/krauthammers-take-obama-tells-world-we-arent-going-do-anything-about-invasion-ukraine

Krauthammer’s Take: Obama Tells the World We Aren’t Going to Do Anything About Invasion of Ukraine
By NRO Staff
February 28, 2014 7:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v0GS0Ho0Mk

As reports are coming in that Russia has placed 2,000 troops in Crimea, within the borders of Ukraine, President Obama said that “the United States will stand with the international community in affirming that there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine.”

Charles Krauthammer responded on Special Report tonight saying, “The Ukrainians, and I think everybody, is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement. I find it rather staggering.”

Krauthammer thinks Obama’s statement is about “three levels removed” from actual action. He explained: Obama said “we will stand with the international community — meaning we are going to negotiate with a dozen other countries who will water down the statement — in affirming that there will be costs — meaning in making a statement not even imposing a cost, but in making a statement about imposing a cost — for any military intervention.”

“What he’s saying is we’re not really going to do anything and we’re telling the world,” Krauthammer said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtC6If8IAw
Goldberg: It Seems Obama Doesn't Much Care About Foreign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

The Obama doctrine: Peace thru surrender!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

The Obama doctrine: Peace thru surrender!

It's even more than that! He could give a rat's arse about Russia and the Ukraine. His mind is set on destroying his real enemy... us! He can't pay off Putin like he does the Muslim countries, so he will just chalk them off, and hope it eventually slides down the black hole.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The international community" was equally distressed when Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia and Poland, and its current members will be equally effective in their efforts at restraining Stalin's heir from advancing his own ambitions.

Back then, at least we Americans had a President whose Progressive inclinations did not conflict with his patriotism, nor inhibit him from promoting and defending his own nation's interests. Today, we have a President who naturally and suicidally inclines toward denying his own nation's virtues, while assuming the presumptive rights of its adversaries.

You know how this story ends.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/28/charles-krauthammer-the-ukrainians-and-i-think-everybody-are-shocked-by-the-weakness-of-obamas-statements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Charles Krauthammer: ‘The Ukrainians – and I Think Everybody – Are Shocked by the Weakness of Obama’s Statements’
Feb. 28, 2014 11:00pm Jason Howerton   

Syndicated columnist and political commentator Charles Krauthammer on Friday said President Barack Obama’s statement on the alleged Russian invasion of Crimea, Ukraine, was so weak it was “staggering.” In fact, he argued the president “could not have issued a more flaccid statement.”

Krauthammer told Bret Baier that the “Ukrainians — and I think everybody — are shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statements.”

“I find it rather staggering,” he added. “What he’s saying is we’re not going to really do anything, and we’re telling the world.”

Krauthammer went on to say the rest of the world “always waits for the signal” from the United States. Due to Obama’s weak condemnation of the military action, he claimed other nations will now be reluctant to strongly condemn Russia.

“You could not have issued a more flaccid statement than what Obama did. Why did he issue it at all? He should’ve just stayed at the White House and gone off and had his happy hour with the Democrats,” he said.

National Review has the video via Fox News:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

I admire the Kraut but anyone who is seriously surprised at Obama's fecklessness is out of touch.
Maybe it's something Charles has to say but I doubt seriously that he was surprised.
This is E X A C T L Y what you'd expect from Zer0.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

I admire the Kraut but anyone who is seriously surprised at Obama's fecklessness is out of touch.
Maybe it's something Charles has to say but I doubt seriously that he was surprised.
This is E X A C T L Y what you'd expect from Zer0.

it's what he has to say; I doubt if he's at all surprised.