Author Topic: Obama on Ukraine: The U.S. is 'deeply concerned' [Update - Russia Invasion March 1, 2014]  (Read 1908 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/28/obama-on-ukraine-the-u-s-is-deeply-concerned/

4 minutes ago
Obama on Ukraine: The U.S. is 'deeply concerned'

(CNN) - The United States is "deeply concerned" by reports of Russian military movements near Ukraine, President Barack Obama said Friday, saying any violation of Ukraine's sovereignty would be "deeply destabilizing."

Obama said that the situation in Ukraine was "very fluid" and that the United States would continue to coordinate closely with European allies and communicate directly with the Russian government.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:20:06 am by Rapunzel »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Obama on Ukraine: The U.S. is 'deeply concerned'
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:21:31 pm »
Wonderful!!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:25 pm »
It probably took all day for them to write this and then another hour to load the teleprompter.

NEWSFLASH TO OBAMA'S IDIOTIC CABINET and handlers: This type of statement only works if you hadn't already whispered to Putin that the missile defense shield was finito and you were going to disarm America and gut our Military. Now Russia's McCale's Navy is showing up Obama in mere presence.

Whose side is Obama on?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:01:46 pm »
If Obama was actually serious, he'd send George W. Bush to Russia and speak with Putin.  Let an actual adult who Putin respects try to negotiate some sort of quid pro quo with Russia.   Barry just got done embarrassing Putin by stomping his feet and then sending a bunch of gays to Sochi as US representatives of the Olympics.  So much for the Dem mantra of multi-culturalism.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:03:19 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:06 pm »
If Obama was actually serious, he'd send George W. Bush to Russia and speak with Putin.  Let an actual adult who Putin respects try to negotiate some sort of quid pro quo with Russia.   Barry just got done embarrassing Putin by stomping his feet and then sending a bunch of gays to Sochi as US representatives of the Olympics.  So much for the Dem mantra of multi-culturalism.

I didn't know Obama sent gay people to the Olympics. That is just unpresidential and unbecoming of a seated President to taunt a world leader, in this manner. Obama is playing Chicago mob games of political tactic with a world leader. IOW's Obama is playing checkers and Putin is playing chess. But Obama has no idea he is being beat. Or does he and he doesn't care?

This cartoon says it well.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:17:26 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:18 pm »
Obama couldn't be more irrelevant on the world stage if he tried.

God help us.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:29:27 pm »
Jordan Sekulow ‏@JordanSekulow

there will be costs ...... Obama statement on Russia sending troops into Ukraine

LMAO.....whatever...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:43:43 pm »
yah.  Different media sources are reporting as many as 2,000 Russians pairs of "boots on the ground" in the Crimea, and there is plenty of video of Russian attack helicopters flying across the border into Ukraine.

Obama's statement was meaningless and the Russians know it.  Putin is not going to be pushed anywhere by the likes of Obama.

This will not end well.

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 12:38:40 am »
I didn't know Obama sent gay people to the Olympics. That is just unpresidential and unbecoming of a seated President to taunt a world leader, in this manner. Obama is playing Chicago mob games of political tactic with a world leader. IOW's Obama is playing checkers and Putin is playing chess. But Obama has no idea he is being beat. Or does he and he doesn't care?

My line of thinking is much like this Italian gentleman's.  I really don't care if someone is gay, but for Obama to use the Olympics to send some sort of political message is short-term thinking, and the sign of a very average intellect.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-olympics/news/20140115/ioc-member-criticize-us-openly-gay-delegation.ap/

ROME (AP) -- A senior Italian IOC member criticized the United States on Wednesday for including openly gay athletes in its official delegation for next month's Sochi Olympics.
''It's absurd that a country like that sends four lesbians to Russia just to demonstrate that in their country gay rights have (been established),'' Mario Pescante said at an Italian Olympic Committee meeting in Milan on Wednesday, in comments widely reported by Italian media. ''The games should not be an occasion and a stage to promote rights that sports supports daily.''
The Italian Olympic Committee would not confirm or deny Pescante's comments, but his speech was reported by the Gazzetta dello Sport and the ANSA news agency.
Asked for clarification later by The Associated Press, Pescante said he is not against gays.
''Of course not,'' the 75-year-old Pescante told The AP by telephone. ''I just wanted to make the point not to let politics interfere with the Olympics.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-olympics/news/20140115/ioc-member-criticize-us-openly-gay-delegation.ap/#ixzz2ufPdgvCP
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 12:41:35 am »
I didn't know Obama sent gay people to the Olympics.
He certainly did. For some reason he thought sending Billie Jean King as a representative of the U.S. would really cut Putin down to size.
Barack Obama is sending Russia a clear message about its treatment of gays and lesbians with his choices to represent the United States as delegates at the Winter Olympics in Sochi.

The tennis great Billie Jean King will be one of two openly gay athletes in the US delegation for the opening and closing ceremonies. For the first time since 2000 the US will not send a president, former president, first lady or vice-president to the games. ...

Caitlin Cahow, a hockey player, is the other openly gay representative to the delegation. She will attend the closing ceremony. ...
Rest of story

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 12:52:43 am »
yah.  Different media sources are reporting as many as 2,000 Russians pairs of "boots on the ground" in the Crimea, and there is plenty of video of Russian attack helicopters flying across the border into Ukraine.

Obama's statement was meaningless and the Russians know it.  Putin is not going to be pushed anywhere by the likes of Obama.

This will not end well.

They took over the airports today.  Meantime the boy prez parties.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 01:35:08 am »
President Obama warns Putin 'there will be costs' for military intervention in the Ukraine as he confirms that Russian troops in Crimea

President Obama has issued a harsh warning to Russia against intervening in the political turmoil in the Ukraine.

He confirmed that the United States is 'deeply concerned' about the presence of Russian military forces in Crimea, solidifying earlier reports that Russian troops had been spotted in the area.

'There will be costs for any military intervention in the Ukraine,' Mr Obama said in an unscheduled press statement Friday afternoon.

The Ukrainian government accused the Russians on Friday of attempting to over take Crimea amid the country's ongoing political turmoil following fatal protests and the disappearance of their president.

Russia has been carefully watched throughout as there are fears that they will try to take over the country amid the turbulence.

Mr Obama stressed that the United States has told Russia that they can play a role in the situation but should only have the same type of involvement as all other international players.

'They can be part of an international community's effort...However we are now deeply concerned about reports of military movements taken by Russian forces,' Obama said.

'We have been very clear about one fundamental principle: the Ukrainian people deserve the right to determine their own destiny.'

'Any violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity would be deeply destabilizing.

'It would invite the condemnation of world.'

Mr Obama said that he spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin two days ago and Vice President Joe Biden had called Ukraine's acting President Oleksandr Turchynov today to express America's solidarity with them, saying that the United States 'supports his government's efforts'.

'Right now the situation remains very fluid... I commend the Ukrainian government's restraint,' Mr Obama said.

Throughout the day Friday, men described as Russian troops deployed at airports and a coast guard base, giving ominous signs of the Kremlin's iron hand in Ukraine's confrontation.

The sudden arrival of men in military uniform patrolling key strategic facilities prompted the Ukraine to accuse Russia of making 'a military invasion and occupation'.

More pictures and article at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570607/President-Obama-warns-Putin-costs-military-intervention-Ukraine-confirms-Russian-troops-Crimea.html

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 02:18:50 am »
The world is a very dangerous place thanks to Bambi.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 02:22:33 am »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 02:24:00 am »
He certainly singlehandedly makes everything worse...

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 02:31:02 am »
I wonder if Putin will find a way to take back Alaska.. Naw Putin can't be that stupid..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:31:26 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 02:32:57 am »
I wonder if Russia will find a way to take back Alaska.. Naw Putin can't be that stupid..

He is already taking oil that technically belongs to Canada.  I still remember the day it was announced Putin was taking over in Russia, the hair stood up on the back of my neck.  I never understood why Bush trusted the man.

Obama's Syrian "red line" debacle led directly to these events in Ukraine. Dictators like Putin don't ask why use power. They ask why not.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 02:36:48 am »
He is already taking oil that technically belongs to Canada.  I still remember the day it was announced Putin was taking over in Russia, the hair stood up on the back of my neck.  I never understood why Bush trusted the man.

Obama's Syrian "red line" debacle led directly to these events in Ukraine. Dictators like Putin don't ask why use power. They ask why not.

Mine too.. I had a feeling that there was a coup in Russia and he gave Yeltsin a choice either resign or he will leave office by force.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 02:41:18 am »
Mine too.. I had a feeling that there was a coup in Russia and he gave Yeltsin a choice either resign or he will leave office by force.

Yep...

Offline happyg

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 02:43:40 am »

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 02:43:49 am »
I wonder if Putin will find a way to take back Alaska.. Naw Putin can't be that stupid..

Please don't give Vladimir any more ideas!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 02:54:49 am »
The Obama doctrine: Peace thru surrender!

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 02:55:32 am »
The Obama doctrine: Peace thru surrender!

lol!!!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 03:01:04 am »
http://linkis.com/freedomslighthouse.net/IppSA

Flashback: Mitt Romney was Right about Russia and Putin, and Barack Obama was Wrong – Video 10/22/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHDASkfrFUg

Remember this from the third Presidential Debate during the 2012 Election?

Barack Obama had mocked Mitt Romney for calling Russia and Vladimir Putin a U.S. Foreign Policy threat. Mitt Romney responded that it is indeed a threat, and told Obama “I have clear eyes on this, and I’m certainly not going to wear rose-colored glasses about Russia or Mr. Putin.”

Once again, Mitt Romney was right, and Barack Obama is proven to be terribly wrong

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 03:02:11 am »
@CharlieDaniels it's just sad! I'm sure Putin is shaking in his boots after that statement today. It's 5:00 somewhere! Dear Lord, help us!