Author Topic: Palin Mocked in 2008 for Warning Putin May Invade Ukraine if Obama Elected  (Read 658 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/28/Flashback-Palin-Mocked-in-2008-for-Warning-Putin-May-Invade-Ukraine-if-Obama-Elected-President

by Tony Lee 28 Feb 2014, 12:44 PM PDT

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin warned that if Senator Barack Obama were elected president, his "indecision" and "moral equivalence" may encourage Russia's Vladimir Putin to invade Ukraine.

Palin said then:

After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next.

For those comments, she was mocked by the high-brow Foreign Policy magazine and its editor Blake Hounshell, who now is one of the editors of Politico magazine.

In light of recent events in Ukraine and concerns that Russia is getting its troops ready to cross the border into the neighboring nation, nobody seems to be laughing at or dismissing those comments now.

Hounshell wrote then that Palin's comments were "strange" and "this is an extremely far-fetched scenario."

"And given how Russia has been able to unsettle Ukraine's pro-Western government without firing a shot, I don't see why violence would be necessary to bring Kiev to heel," Hounshell dismissively wrote.

Palin made her remarks on the stump after Obama's running mate Joe Biden warned Obama supporters to "gird  your loins" if Obama is elected because international leaders may test or try to take advantage of him.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Palin Mocked in 2008 for Warning Putin May Invade Ukraine if Obama Elected
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »
Between her and Ted Cruz, a lot of 'I told you shirts' must be selling out.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:26:21 pm »
It is only the media that says this woman is stupid. Study her time as Governor. Watch her documentary with Greta. She is a very intelligent, astute lady. I think the media also discriminated her because of her accent. If SNLIVE did a parody mocking Michelle Obama as Ester Sanford, what would happen?

Palin was also correct on ANWR: A National Security Need. Palin exposes the media lies that drilling hurts the environment/animals.

Video: The Palins talk ANWR with Greta Van Susteren | Alaska Dispatch
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/video-palins-talk-anwr-greta-van-susteren

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
It is only the media that says this woman is stupid. Study her time as Governor. Watch her documentary with Greta. She is a very intelligent, astute lady. I think the media also discriminated her because of her accent. If SNLIVE did a parody mocking Michelle Obama as Ester Sanford, what would happen?

Palin was also correct on ANWR: A National Security Need. Palin exposes the media lies that drilling hurts the environment/animals.

Video: The Palins talk ANWR with Greta Van Susteren | Alaska Dispatch
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/video-palins-talk-anwr-greta-van-susteren

Palin still needed a lot more seasoning, she had the potential but needed more time to realize it; unfortunately she seems to have blown a lot of her remaining credibility since 2008.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:51:42 pm »
Palin still needed a lot more seasoning, she had the potential but needed more time to realize it; unfortunately she seems to have blown a lot of her remaining credibility since 2008.

Oh I agree with the credibility part; she was Dan Quayle-Alinskyized.

As far as seasoned. Biden is suppose to be Obama's foreign policy whiz we see how that turned out.  Palin could out govern and lead Obama by a landslide.

I just won't stand-by and watch this woman be called stupid or nuts and forever mocked by the media and radical left. She is an excellent spokesperson.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:53:54 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 11:46:10 pm »
Todd Starnes
I just finished chatting with Sarah Palin. Here's a comment she asked me to share exclusively with you folks:

"Back in 2008, I accurately predicted the possibility of Putin feeling emboldened to invade Ukraine because I could see what kind of leader Barack Obama would be. The bullies of the world are always emboldened by indecision and moral equivalence. We can expect more of this sort of thing in a world where America is gutting its military and 'leading from behind.'"

Amen, Sarah. Amen.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:54:23 pm »
Todd Starnes
I just finished chatting with Sarah Palin. Here's a comment she asked me to share exclusively with you folks:

"Back in 2008, I accurately predicted the possibility of Putin feeling emboldened to invade Ukraine because I could see what kind of leader Barack Obama would be. The bullies of the world are always emboldened by indecision and moral equivalence. We can expect more of this sort of thing in a world where America is gutting its military and 'leading from behind.'"

Amen, Sarah. Amen.

Unfortunately, for too many, they don't know what Palin has actually said, only the SNL parody of her (I can see Russia from my house).

Offline Rapunzel

Unfortunately, for too many, they don't know what Palin has actually said, only the SNL parody of her (I can see Russia from my house).

exactly, and it was Tina Fey not Palin who said it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776