Author Topic: Kerry Kennedy is ACQUITTED of drugged driving in New York  (Read 657 times)

Offline flowers

Kerry Kennedy is ACQUITTED of drugged driving in New York
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kerry-kennedy-acquitted-of-drugged-driving-in-new-york/

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Kerry Kennedy was acquitted Friday of drugged driving in a July 2012 incident in which she accidentally took a sleeping pill and then sideswiped a truck in a wild highway drive she said she didn't remember.

Kennedy hugged and clasped hands with her lawyers as a six-person jury cleared her of driving while impaired, a misdemeanor. It had carried the potential for up to a year in jail, though that would be unlikely for a first-time offender.

A human-rights advocate, Kennedy is a scion of one political dynasty - a daughter of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy and niece of President John F. Kennedy - and a onetime member of another, as the former wife of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Her 85-year-old mother, Ethel Kennedy, and other members of their famous family attended the trial, which drew so much attention that it was moved from a small-town courtroom to a bigger courthouse in White Plains.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:37:36 pm by flowers »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Kerry Kennedy is ACQUITTED of drugged driving in New York
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:17:16 pm »
Wrong.  So very wrong.   **nononono*

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:17:17 am »
interesting; I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall in the jury room.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:18:00 am »
The reports I read said the jury was totally enamored of sitting on a "Kennedy" trial.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:21 am »
The reports I read said the jury was totally enamored of sitting on a "Kennedy" trial.

they still would have had some sort of reason, even if merely rationalizing their infatuation; I'd be interested in knowing what it was.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:20:47 am »
they still would have had some sort of reason, even if merely rationalizing their infatuation; I'd be interested in knowing what it was.

As would I - but these post OJ jury days nothing shocks me.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:23:26 am »
As would I - but these post OJ jury days nothing shocks me.

i'm not surprised, necessarily; that being said, i have no trust and no faith in the so-called criminal justice system.  It's criminal, yes, but not just.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 04:25:49 am »
i'm not surprised, necessarily; that being said, i have no trust and no faith in the so-called criminal justice system.  It's criminal, yes, but not just.

It's who you know and how much money you have.  I'm still appalled at the boy in Texas getting off for Affluenza.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 02:44:23 pm »
Well, uncle Teddy got his license suspended for only 6 months for killing someone so this "verdict" is correct in that light. :whistle: