Author Topic: Medicaid costs have increased 31,000% since it's inception  (Read 382 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Medicaid costs have increased 31,000% since it's inception
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline olde north church

Re: Medicaid costs have increased 31,000% since it's inception
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
I don't believe it's being spend on doctors.  It's being spent on imbecilic bureaucrats.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:46:29 AM »
I don't believe it's being spend on doctors.  It's being spent on imbecilic bureaucrats.

And doctors ripping off the system.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
And doctors ripping off the system.

It would take 1000 doctors 1000 years to steal what Washington insiders can do with the stroke of a pen.

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:58:09 PM »
No way does medicaid pay doctors that well. If they did more doctors would accept it. Quit putting our problems on the doctors backs it is DC that causes all the problems everywhere in everything.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
No way does medicaid pay doctors that well. If they did more doctors would accept it. Quit putting our problems on the doctors backs it is DC that causes all the problems everywhere in everything.

The medicaid fee schedule is from 1968. Average reimbursement is $16 - $24 a visit.  An initial visit is around $60.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
The medicaid fee schedule is from 1968. Average reimbursement is $16 - $24 a visit.  An initial visit is around $60.

BUTTTTT, because Medicare and Medicaid patients have no lobby, as opposed to everybody else, they become targets and red meat for the Right and Left.  Like the disabled.  Unlike illegals and personal and corporate welfare queens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf