Author Topic: Obamacare: Now Appearing On Your Restaurant Bill  (Read 292 times)

Offline flowers

Obamacare: Now Appearing On Your Restaurant Bill
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-27/obamacare-now-appearing-your-restaurant-bill

That the bulk of Americans (especially those 4+ million whose insurance policies have recently been cancelled as a result of the ACA) have to pay more for healthcare as a result of Obamacare, is now largely accepted and well-known. But did you know that the cost of Obamacare is slowly metastasizing to other places? Such as your restaurant bill.

Presenting Exhibit A.

From CNN:

Several restaurants in a Florida chain are asking customers to help foot the bill for Obamacare. Diners at eight Gator's Dockside casual eateries are finding a 1% Affordable Care Act surcharge on their tabs, which comes to 15 cents on a typical $15 lunch tab

Offline musiclady

Re: Obamacare: Now Appearing On Your Restaurant Bill
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
That might be a very effective way to get the average non-involved citizen to understand how much Obamacare is hurting our economy.

And their pocketbooks.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »
That might be a very effective way to get the average non-involved citizen to understand how much Obamacare is hurting our economy.

And their pocketbooks.

Is the msm telling the public to be upset about this?

The public, as a collective body, seems to be directed by the msm.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »

And their pocketbooks.

It's a good way to try and get the public's attention because it's a concrete instance, not some abstract set of philosophies or policies; however, it is a little rhetorical because those costs would have ended up in the prices charged by the restaurants anyways.  Nonetheless, I wish a lot more businesses would start doing the same thing.  In fact, even retailers could probably add an ACA surcharge to what they charge for the goods they sell.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf