Author Topic: Top Treasury employees swindled thousands of dollars, in-the-know bosses did nothing  (Read 620 times)

Offline happyg

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
The entire federal government is a cess pool and public sector union represented government employees are at the bottom of the pool!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
The entire federal government is a cess pool and public sector union represented government employees are at the bottom of the pool!

now you're just being unfair to cess pools!  :silly:

Offline aligncare

It's not much better at the state level, either. Government workers ... meh.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
It's not much better at the state level, either. Government workers ... meh.

are you kidding me?  even though the numbers may be smaller, in general, the state folks make the federal folks look like a bunch of altar boys and girls.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
are you kidding me?  even though the numbers may be smaller, in general, the state folks make the federal folks look like a bunch of altar boys and girls.

In New York perhaps but not true everywhere by any means.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

The state folks nevah ever nevah get caught. But when they do it is a shocker.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
In New York perhaps but not true everywhere by any means.

NY is certainly a cesspool, but middling level corruption is probably one of the most widespread, bipartisan activities of state/local government.  I was once acquainted with someone who used to refuel his diesel truck at the bus depot for the local town bus system, where he just happened to work.  Not all the time, but every so often.  Corrupt?  Yes.  Did I report it?  No, because he was friends with the supervisor.

As an aside, 'cause it seems to come up every so often:  I have no emotional investment in NY; I'm a Virginian who happened to fall in love with a very beautiful NYer who simply will not leave the state where she was born and grew up.  American by birth, Southern by the grace of God, part of the southern diaspora for love.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:49:17 PM by Oceander »

Offline aligncare

Let's not forget city employees. They regularly take home "goods" and "supplies" from which ever city department they work. Some taxpayers even get the honor of being gouged at city, county, state AND federal levels. Like Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "America! I love it."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf