Author Topic: UPDATE: Soldier Faces Prison For Unpatriotic Selfie  (Read 1381 times)

Offline happyg

UPDATE: Soldier Faces Prison For Unpatriotic Selfie
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »
Fort Carson leaders launched an investigation into a "selfie" photo of a soldier posted online with a note that said she was hiding in her car to avoid saluting the flag. The soldier's Instagram image went viral Tuesday, drawing a storm of criticism.

Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey, of Fort Carson's 43rd Sustainment Group put the image on her Instagram account with a caption that read, "This is me laying back in my car hiding so I don't have to salute the 1700 flag, KEEP ALL YOUR 'THATS SO DISRESPECTFUL/HOWRUDE/ETC.' COMMENTS TO YOURSELF cuz, right now, IDGA FFFF (acronym for I don't give a 'expletive')."

At worst, the incident could lead to a court martial for insubordination or failure to obey regulations. If convicted for such crimes, a soldier could face up to two years in prison.

Read more at gazette.com
http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/update-soldier-faces-prison-for-unpatriotic-selfie?utm_content=Latest+Tea+Party+News,+Current+Events,+Breaking+News,+Politics,+Opinion&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RFN

Oceander

Re: UPDATE: Soldier Faces Prison For Unpatriotic Selfie
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 02:52:18 pm »
courts martial followed by a dishonorable discharge.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:40 am »
I would imagine they'll offer her an Article 15 [non-judicial punishment], which could result in demotion, forfeiture of pay, etc. She has every right to REFUSE an Article 15. If she's stupid enough to do that [and I don't doubt that one of her two brain cells is AWOL, and she will], she's eligible for a Special [or is it Summary?] Court Martial [one officer] which could result in a DD, forfeiture of 2/3 iof her pay for a specified time, and potential incarceration. Here's hopin'!

CPT ARMOR
MACV 1971

Imjin Scout
1968-1969
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 02:41:39 pm »
courts martial followed by a dishonorable discharge.

To be followed by a life time on the dole. And a likely string of children by various fathers.

I wish there was a way to dispatch this kind of human garbage.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »
Just how low can that standards "limbo pole" go?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:26:16 pm »
To be followed by a life time on the dole. And a likely string of children by various fathers.

To be followed by a job with the obama administration for her hatred of the flag.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »
Darwin Award material.

Better to get shut of her now rather than later. NOT because she evaded saluting the flag. We've all seen people do that from time to time. But because she is so Effing stupid she probably has instructions on how to breathe on her iPod.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:13 pm »
She should only receive an Art15 for this unless there are other issues, i.e. multiple counseling statements, insubordination, etc.
She is an idiot for posting her garbage on line, but it's nothing worse than many of us have done in our day.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:56 pm »
Let's not assume she's an aberration.

Let's remember that Obama has been very busy destroying the military complex.

No.  Let's assume rather that the ranks are filled with this soldier's pedigree.

Now ask that question again....."Would American soldiers ever fire on American citizens with deadly intent"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:20 pm »
The worst one was the girl tounge kissing the POW flag.

BTW, after all these years, it still amazes me how many people are arrested, fired, and sued, because of stuff they post online. Do they never learn?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »
  50 pull ups then 50 pushups with the threat of double that. She back in da getto bayh mundey.. We have lost the militree and it is time to lose the gurlie crap.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 12:24:11 pm »
I would imagine they'll offer her an Article 15 [non-judicial punishment], which could result in demotion, forfeiture of pay, etc. She has every right to REFUSE an Article 15. If she's stupid enough to do that [and I don't doubt that one of her two brain cells is AWOL, and she will], she's eligible for a Special [or is it Summary?] Court Martial [one officer] which could result in a DD, forfeiture of 2/3 iof her pay for a specified time, and potential incarceration. Here's hopin'!

CPT ARMOR
MACV 1971

Imjin Scout
1968-1969

Sounds good to me.

The same could and should happen to those Funeral Detail shitbirds from the Wisconsin National Guard.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.