Author Topic: Brewer's Foolish Veto By RICH LOWRY  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Brewer's Foolish Veto By RICH LOWRY
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Brewer's Foolish Veto By RICH LOWRY
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
If this bill was just a little minor embroidery around the edges of existing law, then it really wasn't necessary and it was a smart thing to do to veto it given the optics.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:18:49 PM »
I want to see the person who can survive on this planet for even one day without discriminating!

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
Why would people want to go where they aren't wanted, even if they can? There's hundreds of bakeries to choose from, so why pick a Christian, knowing you are insulting them.

How many whites go into a black bar, knowing they aren't welcome. Or a gay bar? Or even a drug infested rathole bar? Of course we don't, and use our judgment to decide what is preferable for us.

Activists non smokers are no better, demanding that restaurants and bars are smoke free, even when they don't go to those specific places. If it were free choice, then opt for another place to complain.

From the beginning of all this nonsense, I held the belief that people need issues to make them feel fulfilled. It has little to do with personal beliefs, but more with a do-gooder attitude, and the power they bestow on themselves if they succeed. Once they are successful in that one endeavor, the same people go on to another issue. It's mostly a liberal thing, like when someone who has no kids, tells you how to raise yours. Just jibberish!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf