Author Topic: Girl Scouts Hire Lesbian as Chief Girl Experience Officer  (Read 430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Girl Scouts Hire Lesbian as Chief Girl Experience Officer
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:56:51 PM »

Support the USO

Offline rustynail

Re: Girl Scouts Hire Lesbian as Chief Girl Experience Officer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
Kokjohn?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
Uhmm, what, precisely, does her sexuality have to do with her fitness for office?

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:42 AM »
Uhmm, what, precisely, does her sexuality have to do with her fitness for office?
Not so much fitness as appropriateness, given the perception that she could negatively influence children or play a role in indoctrinating them in queer politics, perhaps.   :shrug:
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »
I have a good friend (a lesbian) who recently went through the interview process for a Directorship position with the Girl Scouts out of Baltimore.  She didn't get the position, but she came in the as a top 3 candidate.  She's a childhood friend, so I know her pretty well.  She only had the girls' well-being in mind, and was pretty excited about getting the chance to be a positive part of their experience in the Scouts.  She wouldn't dream of injecting queer politics into her job, or into the Scouting experience of those girls. 

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:06 AM »
That's why I said "perception." We certainly don't know whether Ms. Kokjohn would do anything inappropriate. There's no question GSA culture has changed a lot over the past 50 years.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf