Author Topic: Biden: 'Single Women With Children in a Dead-End Job' Can Quit Because of Obamacare  (Read 563 times)

Offline happyg

By Susan Jones

In a chat with the ladies of "The View" on Tuesday, Vice President Biden said Obamacare "gives women a great deal more freedom." "How many of you are single women with children, in a dead-end job?" Biden asked. "You're there because of your health insurance. You would rather have the opportunity to spend the next couple of years with your child until they get -- if that was your choice -- until they get into primary school.

"You're now trapped in that job because if you leave, you lose your health insurance. Now you'll be able to do -- make an independent choice. Do you want to stay in that job and still have health insurance, or do you want to -- I mean, do you want to stay in that job, even though you can get health insurance absent that job? And it gives women a great deal more freedom."

Biden called Obamacae a "life-changing" experience that gives people "peace of mind." And he urged young people -- who are vital to the success of the exchanges -- to listen to their mothers: "The truth is that, no matter how old we get, we still listen to our moms. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. And there's no influence on a son or a daughter that's 28 or 29 years old, feeling physically invincible -- why should I go out and pay, even if I can afford it, at $300 a month or $400 a month?

Why should I go get health insurance? I'm invincible. "Well, I can tell you, I thought I was invincible as a young man and a senator. I was diagnosed with a -- I needed a craniotomy. I had a serious, serious -- two serious problems. I had aneurysms in my head. My bills exceeded over $600,000. What would have happened had I not had insurance? "So moms have great influence. Call your sons and daughters. Tell them, sign up. It's for them and it's for the moms' peace of mind."

Biden said 25 percent of those who have signed up for Obamacare so far are young adults. Biden wasn't the only administration official pitching Obamacare on Tuesday. So did President Obama and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. The six-month open enrollment period ends on March 31, and HHS says 4 million people have signed up so far. President Obama said those who want insurance need to sign up very soon.

"The fact is that we want everybody covered, not just some," Obama told a liberal activist group on Tuesday. He urged them to help the administration boost enrollment: "What you need to do is continue what you're doing and reach out with your teams in your respective cities, states, towns and counties -- because right now, we've only got a few weeks left. March 31st -- that's the last call.

"If folks aren't signed up by March 31, they can't sign up again until the next open-enrollment period with the 2015 rates. So if they want health insurance now, they need to sign up now, and we're going to make a big push these last few weeks." - See more at:

Video at link:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/biden-single-women-children-dead-end-job-can-quit-because-obamacare#sthash.Oz2Q4ueB.j6yIbhmH.dpuf

rangerrebew

AND go on welfare to become a slave to the government.

Offline WAYNE

:silly: That dude is mentally detergent...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Talk about a straw man.

Most dead-end jobs never offered health insurance. Most single moms have those dead-end jobs to, you know, keep a roof over their kids' heads and their mouths fed. Most are so poor they are already qualify for Medicaid or at least one of the SCHIP programs.

They are not going to be able to quit those jobs because somehow they now qualify to spend more money they never spent to begin with to buy insurance on the exchanges.

It's just lie, after lie, after lie, after lieā€¦
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024