Author Topic: Islam explained in layman's terms  (Read 634 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Islam explained in layman's terms
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:23:46 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: Islam explained in layman's terms
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »
Recommended solution for the muslim problem?

Kill them? Put them in camps? Convert them? Deport them?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »
Halal food is laughably easy to come by in places like Jersey City and New York City, and everyday products such as Coca-cola are made to meet kosher standards during certain Jewish holidays:

(the special yellow cap, with the hebrew markings and the symbols, indicates that this 2-liter bottle of Coke is kosher)

Convincing a food company to provide versions of its products that meet certain dietary regimes is not in the least nefarious, and it would be foolish for any real business to ignore requests (or "pressure" if you like) because doing so would increase the number of customers who would buy its products, thereby increasing the company's revenues.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:31:51 PM by Oceander »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:54 PM »
Whenever we're in Boston and walk to the North End for a nice Italian meal, we pass Muslim-owned meat markets and the goat always looks so good. If it were convenient, I'd love to get some and take it home.  ^-^
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »
Whenever we're in Boston and walk to the North End for a nice Italian meal, we pass Muslim-owned meat markets and the goat always looks so good. If it were convenient, I'd love to get some and take it home.  ^-^

That's what goat herders think, too.  In fact, it isn't uncommon for them to try and have "kids" with them.  How does that goat look now? :silly:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
Recommended solution for the muslim problem?

Kill them? Put them in camps? Convert them? Deport them?

Yep

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »
I had an idea for a short story where Durandal ends up in a small "curiosity" shop on the outskirts of Marseilles.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
That's what goat herders think, too.  In fact, it isn't uncommon for them to try and have "kids" with them.  How does that goat look now? :silly:
I figure there are no goat herders in Boston.  At least, I hope so.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online kevindavis

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
Here is what I think we should do.... Someone should put up a site that promote s other religions besides Islam.  Be positive about the other religions and explain why it is better than Islam.
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »
I seriously hope you're kidding.

No, not at all. 

First granddaughter's step dad just dealt with a Muslim suicide bomber.  Hopefully he will walk again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf