Author Topic: Michigan non-Muslim high school girls don hijabs to learn aobut "literature, religion, and indentity"  (Read 1200 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan non-Muslim high school girls don hijabs to learn about “literature, religion and identity”

Robert Spencer       Feb 23, 2014 at 10:12pm    academia, dhimmitude, Useful idiots      16 Comments   

Brighton_Hijabs“But in a school community where no students and only one teacher outwardly practice Islam, wearing the scarves was a good way to draw curious looks, questions and a few unfriendly comments.” Ah yes, unfriendly comments — in other words, the whole thing was a lesson in that all-important dogma of our modern world: Muslims are victims, and deserve special accommodation.

Here are some victims whom these public school students would be better off studying: Aqsa Parvez, whose Muslim father choked her to death with her hijab after she refused to wear it; and Amina Muse Ali, a Christian woman in Somalia whom Muslims murdered because she wasn’t wearing a hijab; and the 40 women who were murdered in Iraq in 2007 for not wearing the hijab; and Alya Al-Safar, whose Muslim cousin threatened to kill her and harm her family because she stopped wearing the hijab in Britain; and Amira Osman Hamid, who faces whipping in Sudan for refusing to wear the hijab; and the Egyptian girl, also named Amira, who committed suicide after being brutalized for her family for refusing to wear the hijab; and the Muslim and non-Muslim teachers at the Islamic College of South Australia who were told that they had to wear the hijab or be fired; and the women in Chechnya whom police shot with paintballs because they weren’t wearing hijab; and the women also in Chechnya who were threatened by men with automatic rifles for not wearing hijab; and the elementary school teachers in Tunisia who were threatened with death for not wearing hijab; and the Syrian schoolgirls who were forbidden to go to school unless they wore hijab; and the women in Gaza whom Hamas has forced to wear hijab; and the women in Iran who protested against the regime by daring to take off their legally-required hijab; and the women in London whom Muslim thugs threatened to murder if they didn’t wear hijab; and the anonymous young Muslim woman who doffed her hijab outside her home and started living a double life in fear of her parents, and all the other women and girls who have been killed or threatened, or who live in fear for daring not to wear the hijab.

“Brighton High School students don hijabs to explore literature, religion and identity,” from Michigan Radio, December 16, 2013 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

Maybe more than any other, high school can be a time when what you choose to wear has a huge impact on your sense of identity.

As students take their first steps into adulthood, they walk a fine line between fitting in with their peers and developing a unique sense of self.

Earlier this fall, a group of AP language students at Brighton High School were asked to read a memoir by Iranian author Azar Nafisi. The book detailed the experiences of women during that country’s religious revolution, including dealing with new standards of modesty in the way they dressed.

To experience the material first-hand, several girls in the class in Brighton chose to spend a full school day wearing hijabs, the head-scarves worn by Muslim women in many parts of the world.

The exercise gave students a chance to learn about an unfamiliar culture and religion. But in a school community where no students and only one teacher outwardly practice Islam, wearing the scarves was a good way to draw curious looks, questions and a few unfriendly comments.

Teacher Diana Mason and three students at Brighton who took part recently told Stateside about the experience.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/02/michigan-non-muslim-high-school-girls-don-hijabs-to-learn-about-literature-religion-and-identity
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:09:10 am by rangerrebew »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
You just can't make this stuff up.

Had they decided to don nun's habits, they'd have been castigated as pawns in the "War on Women."

Offline aligncare

We were founded a Christian nation and remain a majority Christian nation. If those who immigrate here and start families here are Muslim – come, practice freely in peace. But, our Christian children owe Islam no more than that.

Growing up in New York City 50 years ago, there was, and remains, a sizable Jewish community. Many of my boyhood friends practiced Judaism. But, I don't recall school indoctrination into Judaism. What's the difference? Why the reeducation of our children today?

Okay, that was just rhetorical. I know the answer. alicewonders yesterday marked the source of this political correctness: progressivism. And I weary of it.

Online mountaineer

But, I don't recall school indoctrination into Judaism. What's the difference? Why the reeducation of our children today?
Exactly. I remember attending Vacation Bible School at my Methodist Church back in the 1960s and we took a trip to a synagogue to learn about Judaism. It certainly wasn't a case of a public school promoting the religion. Education about many religions is one thing; promotion of one is another. Did this public school district teach about other religions quite as thoroughly as they did Islam?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

Brighton Michigan is in a pretty conservative county of Livingston in Michigan. My daughter lives in Howell which is next door to Brighton. We raised our children in Hartland also very near there. It is hard to believe this area would allow this in the schools. I guess it has really changed since I lived there. The Klu Kux clan leader use to live in Howell. I would never have allowed my children to do this even back then I was very leery of Islam. I use to sell business insurance in Dearborn Mi when I first started out as an agent and I got to know the culture of Islam just fine thank you. The woman never talked to you even to say hi just the men when doing business the woman waited on us and served the coffee and worked in the business's but had no say about anything and wore those hideous hijabs even when it was hot and humid like only Michigan can get. The men were always in the back room smoking their pipes and it is where I did business with them I found them to be the laziest men on earth. They did treat me fine and bought the insurance and were always pleasant to me but I was very aware of the women around me who looked rather unhappy and worn out. The area they were in also looked run down but had been a really nice area before they started buying up the businesses there. I haven't been back there in years and hear all of Dearborn belongs to them now not just East Dearborn
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:38:19 am by raml »

Oceander

You just can't make this stuff up.

Had they decided to don nun's habits, they'd have been castigated as pawns in the "War on Women."

And the left would have howled for the teacher to be fired for violating Church/State separation.

Offline kevindavis007

Where in the hell is the ACLU on this??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

rangerrebew

Where in the hell is the ACLU on this??

In Detroit, about 30 miles away.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:35:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline raml

When I lived in that area Brighton was at least 45 miles from Detroit has that changed too?

rangerrebew

When I lived in that area Brighton was at least 45 miles from Detroit has that changed too?

The operative word was about. :seeya: