Author Topic: America appears like France just prior to the French Revolution  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

America appears like France just prior to the French Revolution
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:12:54 pm »

America Appears Like France Just Prior to the French Revolution

David Whitney 18 hours ago

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only." So begins the famous work of Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, a vivid historical novel describing that notorious reign of terror known as the French Revolution.

I've been reading a truly chilling book on the French Revolution. It describes in ghastly narrative the enormous evil done in that blood bath. As I have been thinking about why that horror took place, it appears to me to be rooted in a confusion and disagreement about the origin of law; where does law come from? I got to thinking about what people believe today regarding the origin of law, and I found that, today, there are three groupings in America that resemble what the French believed during their ungodly revolution.

First, although perhaps less obvious, are the Monarchist. Those are the people who believe in a new version of the divine right of kings. The resident in the White House believes this view. He says, "I have a pen and I have a telephone." Stating plainly that he is above any law that exists on paper anywhere. In his benighted mind he is the law. Whatever he says law is, that is the law. He not only claims it, but has and continues to act on the belief that his will is the law. Sadly, he is not alone. Thousands across this land are also Monarchists at heart, believing that whatever that man says law is law, is the law.

The second more obvious group in America is the Advocates of Democracy. They proclaim that law comes from the will of the 51% of the populace who vote. We are told from every source that we are a Democracy; it is relentlessly hammered into every person in this land from the moment of birth. The lie has been so successful that an overwhelming majority believes the lie and is amazed when we teach what the Founders said about the dangers of what they called mobocracy. Mobocracy is nothing more than the law determined by a godless rabble of thieves, murderers and brigands. Our Founders' warnings were clearly illuminated by the fires and blood of the French Revolution.

The third, the greatest concern in our day, is what is clearly emerging in our land, which is the police state. Those who believe that whatever the police state says law is, then that is the law. If they say the 4th Amendment doesn't matter any longer, so they can continue to spy on every American, then that is the law, regardless of what any other authority might say. As police academies across our land produce newly minted shock troops, our land comes closer and closer to descending into a reign of terror. The apparatus includes agencies such as the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security and the NSA. The power of the apparatus of this police state is palpable.

Perhaps you saw the news earlier this month from Maryland. "Eight Republicans in the Maryland House of Delegates introduced the 'Fourth Amendment Protection Act,' which would deny the NSA 'material support, participation or assistance in any form' from the state, its political subdivisions or companies with state contracts, US News reported.

The bill would deprive NSA's headquarters in Ft. Meade, Md., water and electricity carried over public utilities, prohibit the use of evidence gathered by the agency in state courts and prevent state universities from partnering with the NSA on research, according to the report."

These legislators were attempting to follow their oath of office. Then very quietly last week that group of eight withdrew the bill from consideration. I wonder what the police state apparatus said or did to the eight that persuaded every last one of them to withdraw that bill?

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/02/french-revolution-america-today/#lseMVUahytLMAjFj.99

Offline aligncare

Re: America appears like France just prior to the French Revolution
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:50:27 pm »
It does seem like government has grown so large that no control, no effort to scale back, no reconciliation between the actions of government and it's raison d'être, can ever be achieved.

Reminds me of an episode of Star Trek where the Enterprise encounters a gigantic, energy-draining space organism that threatens the Galaxy. Honestly, doesn't that sound like Washington DC?