Author Topic: Democratic Senate candidate gives ‘deer in the headlights look’ when asked if she wants Obama to campaign with her  (Read 492 times)

Offline happyg

Jamie Weinstein

For Democrats running for federal office, President Barack Obama seems about as popular as irritable bowel syndrome.

In a packaged segment aired on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Monday, Kentucky Democratic Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes was asked by MSNBC’s Kasie Hunt whether she would want Obama to campaign with her.

“This race is one about putting the people of this state first, and I speak for myself and don’t need any other surrogate to do that,” Grimes responded, after contorting her face to show that Obama’s presence would be less-than-welcome on the campaign trail. “I stand in stark contrast to the president in many of his ideas and platforms.”

“Morning Joe” co-host Willie Geist was struck by Grimes’ response.

“Her answer to your question about whether she would want the president of the United States to come down, she almost mouthed ‘no’ before she gave her answer,” Geist said after the segment aired.

“She looked like a deer in the headlights,” Hunt added.

Grimes will likely face Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in the general election. McConnell leads primary challenger Matt Bevin by a wide margin in recent polling.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/24/democratic-senate-candidate-gives-dear-in-the-headlights-look-when-asked-if-she-wants-obama-to-campaign-with-her/#ixzz2uLyaMWy7