Author Topic: 'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality  (Read 3447 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2566899/Jane-Fonda-76-reveals-stop-crying-comes-terms-mortality.html

'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality

By Colette Fahy

PUBLISHED: 14:35 EST, 24 February 2014 | UPDATED: 17:47 EST, 24 February 2014

She may not look anywhere near her 76 years but Jane Fonda says she is well aware of her age.

The Hollywood legend – who has made her career in an industry which isn't exactly kind to aging actresses - admits she has been brought to tears on more than one occasion recently as she comes to terms with her own mortality.

In a thoughtful blog post entitled 'Crying', which has since been removed, Jane wrote: '[I've been thinking], how come my tears are so close to the surface? And I’ve come to feel it has to do with age. I have become so wonderfully, terribly aware of time, of how little of it I have left; how much of it is behind me, and everything becomes so precious (sic).'

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

By Colette Fahy
She may not look anywhere near her 76 years but Jane Fonda says she is well aware of her age.

The Hollywood legend – who has made her career in an industry which isn't exactly kind to aging actresses - admits she has been brought to tears on more than one occasion recently as she comes to terms with her own mortality.

In a thoughtful blog post entitled 'Crying', which has since been removed, Jane wrote: '[I've been thinking], how come my tears are so close to the surface? And I’ve come to feel it has to do with age. I have become so wonderfully, terribly aware of time, of how little of it I have left; how much of it is behind me, and everything becomes so precious (sic).'

Despite Jane worrying about her mortality, she believes getting older has its advantages, namely allowing her to appreciate the beauty in the world.

She said: 'With age, I am able to appreciate the beauty in small things more than when I was younger perhaps because I pay attention more.

'I feel myself becoming part of everything. I seem to be super sensitive to people's joy and pain. I ache for unwanted children in the world, for polars bears, and elephants, and Monarch butterflies, and dolphins, gorillas and chimpanzees (sic).'

Most recently Jane found herself becoming emotional at her friend Kerry Washington’s baby shower on Sunday.

She wrote: 'Today I was at Kerry Washington’s baby shower. She's 7 months pregnant and looking radiant.

'It was a wonderful party with guests being asked to go into a photo booth and take 6 different poses that were then mounted on a black paper where we could write a message; signing a diaper (I wrote "I hope everything comes out alright!"), putting signed thumb prints onto a drawing of a tree - I had no idea there could be so many nice ways to commemorate the up-coming event and leave loving memories for mom and baby.

'I hadn't seen Kerry since she was pregnant and as soon as I saw her with her gorgeous belly I starting crying.

'Then Kerry's mother spoke, giving words of wisdom to Kerry and the rest of us about how to raise a baby to be a happy, fully realized, person. I started crying again (and it wasn’t because I wanted to go back and do my own raising of my own kids all over again with more wisdom, though that did press in on me) . . . it was because her words moved me (sic).

'I've listed sad things but what startles me even more is how I get emotional about nice things, like Kerry Washington’s belly and her mother’s words of wisdom and Elizabeth Lesser telling me about the new book she’s writing. Maybe because I'm older my heart is wider open, like a net that wants to catch all the things that matter (sic).'

The thrice-married prolific blogger, who has three children, also joked she is becoming so weepy these days that she can 'only wear waterproof mascara from now on'.

Pictures of Jane at link:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2566899/Jane-Fonda-76-reveals-stop-crying-comes-terms-mortality.html#ixzz2uIlJkbS5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oceander

She's had 76 years to wrap her tiny little liberal mind around the concept, and she's only "getting it" now?  Pathetic.  While it can get a little tiresome every so often, I much rather enjoy my father-in-law's rather blunt statements about how he's gonna be going soon now - doesn't know if he'll see the other side of another winter - sometimes said with a little twinkle in the eye - than this sort of self-absorbed, maudlin liberal tripe.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:42:19 am by Oceander »

Offline andy58-in-nh

When her time comes and she is laid in the ground, I envision a line of Vietnam veterans outside the cemetery gate, armed with cases of beer and full bladders.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I know just how she feels....... 8888crybaby

Wish I could have just another 30 years.....    LOL! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

I don't relish getting old,  and worry more about while I am alive than dead. I have my death covered, but don't know if Obama is going to bankrupt me or kill me.

Mom will soon be 87. She is more active than I am. And, she is happy. Dad left her good, and she has 10 healthy kids that adore her, along with all the grand, great, great great grandkids. I hope I develop her attitude. I'm not there, yet.  :silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline happyg

Getting old isn't for wimps.

No, it isn't. A few hours before Dad died, my oldest son talked to him in private. I don't know the conversation, but Dad did say that he was so happy, and that Tony said he was his hero. His last wish was to see his grandkids, and they obliged him. I don't know if I will be happy to go, but he sure was.  ^-^

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I was so lucky to get to visit my grandfather a week before he died and we had a good long conversation.  I didn't realize at the time it would be the last time we would talk, but I think he must have.  He told me he was ready to go, and that he wasn't afraid of dying...and that he was saved.  That was a big thing because he had never been very religious.  In hindsight, he was preparing me for his death.

About a year later, I had a vivid dream where I saw him - all dressed in white (he was just a plain country farmer, always worn denim overalls) - I was crying in my dream asking, "Pappaw, what are you doing here?"

He said, "I just wanted you to know that I'm doing just fine!"

I just know he came to me in that dream, I still cry happy tears when I think about it. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

It's "all right,"  not "alright," Hanoi Jane.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline WAYNE

Getting old isn't for wimps.

Amen . Way to difficult to do the Irish jig these days . I have to settle for a BM.

Offline mountaineer

"Polars bears"? I weeps fors thems, toos.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

Is she sad because she won't see communism fully implemented before she goes to the great dirt nap?  I hope she has chosen to be buried in Viet Nam. :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

When all you nice people get to be 76 years old....then maybe you can understand what's she's feeling.    :chairbang:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

When all you nice people get to be 76 years old....then maybe you can understand what's she's feeling.    :chairbang:

Personally, I care about as much for what she feels at 76 as I did when Castro turned 76.  For people who love America, my position is different.

Online DCPatriot

Personally, I care about as much for what she feels at 76 as I did when Castro turned 76.  For people who love America, my position is different.

I understand.....it's just my nature to empathize.    Retired sales, etc.   LOL!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

When her time comes and she is laid in the ground, I envision a line of Vietnam veterans outside the cemetery gate, armed with cases of beer and full bladders.

I was thinking of something along those lines, but you did better.   :laugh:

I was so lucky to get to visit my grandfather a week before he died and we had a good long conversation.  I didn't realize at the time it would be the last time we would talk, but I think he must have.  He told me he was ready to go, and that he wasn't afraid of dying...and that he was saved.  That was a big thing because he had never been very religious.  In hindsight, he was preparing me for his death.

About a year later, I had a vivid dream where I saw him - all dressed in white (he was just a plain country farmer, always worn denim overalls) - I was crying in my dream asking, "Pappaw, what are you doing here?"

He said, "I just wanted you to know that I'm doing just fine!"

I just know he came to me in that dream, I still cry happy tears when I think about it.

Yes, he did.  That's what's known as a visitation.  What a blessing for you!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yes, he did.  That's what's known as a visitation.  What a blessing for you!

Thanks Lipstick, it definitely wasn't just a dream!  Never had that happen before or since. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
No, it isn't. A few hours before Dad died, my oldest son talked to him in private. I don't know the conversation, but Dad did say that he was so happy, and that Tony said he was his hero. His last wish was to see his grandkids, and they obliged him. I don't know if I will be happy to go, but he sure was.  ^-^

Happy, one way or another, your father was a saint.  It is the first obligation of the old to convince the young that life is worth living.  The man clearly understood the essentials of life and acted according to its rules.

Offline Relic

And to me, that is a beautiful, happy thought. Jane has done as much damage as she could in this world. Buh bye now.

Offline Relic

If we're lucky, we're happy to go. I see the process. As we age, life just gets harder... less energy, more pains and conditions. I'm not ready yet, but I understand how it happens, and if God grants me the time, I'm sure I will be.

Offline happyg

Happy, one way or another, your father was a saint.  It is the first obligation of the old to convince the young that life is worth living.  The man clearly understood the essentials of life and acted according to its rules.

He was a good man. He left me with so many stories to remember and relate. When I was 50, he wrote me a letter detailing his redemption and his love for his family. One line stood out. He wrote, " As much as God loves His children, that is how much I love mine."

Since Mom and Dad lived in Fla. the last few decades, Mom planned a small funeral here in Ohio. At a few points, the viewing line went outside. He was remembered and loved, and that gives me comfort.

Thank you for your kind comments. Though it was nearly three years ago, my love for him is still engrained in my heart like it was yesterday.

Thanks Lipstick, it definitely wasn't just a dream!  Never had that happen before or since.

I think Rappy has touched on the distinction between dreams and visitations here before.  Yours sounds like a classic visitation.  Very vivid at the time, and it remains very vivid in your memory now.   What a gift!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I plan on living forever.

So far, so good.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx