Author Topic: 'I have so little time left!' Jane Fonda, 76, reveals she can't stop crying as she comes to terms with her own mortality  (Read 3468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I plan on living forever.

So far, so good.

I'm going kicking and screaming....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You'll live on in the Hereafter.  Its better than here.

Offline WAYNE

An old quote:::  I was brought here without my consent and I'll leave against my will.

Offline happyg

An old quote:::  I was brought here without my consent and I'll leave against my will.

Yep, but we have a lot of time to prepare for leaving this world.

Offline aligncare

I spoke with Jane Fonda in 1972. I was covering her appearance on campus for the paper. Yeah, that's me.

Jane Fonda and Me_20140225_0001 by aligncare, on Flickr

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I spoke with Jane Fonda in 1972. I was covering her appearance on campus for the paper. Yeah, that's me.

Wow AC!  Looking good - and I'm not talking about Jane Fonda!

:smokin:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

Wow AC!  Looking good - and I'm not talking about Jane Fonda!

:smokin:

I was thinking the same thing, alice!  :silly:

Online rustynail

Oceander

is that a little sideburn and jaw fringe action goin' on there?

Offline NavyCanDo

Funny - My mom 86 and my wife's grandmother 94 are happier than ever because  they do understand their mortality and are fully confident where they will be when they leave this earth.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

Nice!

I dated a guy in the early 70's who looked a lot like you!   :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

I had that David Cassidy hair once myself.     Heck I had hair once myself.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rivergirl

What does this traitorous witch have to cry about.  Moochie just praised her as a woman of courage.

Offline evadR

Wasn't she in the movie "Death Becomes Her"?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wasn't she in the movie "Death Becomes Her"?

Nope....Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn.

Here's Fonda's film bio.      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000404/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When her time comes and she is laid in the ground, I envision a line of Vietnam veterans outside the cemetery gate, armed with cases of beer and full bladders.

My thoughts exactly!

The b#%#^ should be thankful she wasn't hung for treason 40 years ago!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Any of you guys ever see these?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Couple of things. A minor correction and some detail. The year was 1973, not '72 when Fonda came to the campus of Yuba college (where, by the way, she was warmly received).

As it turned out we had both been in Vietnam the year before. Me, stationed near Saigon with the Air Force, and she making her infamous appearance in Hanoi. Although at the time, I was unaware she was in country.

When she spoke on campus I was still quite politically naïve – some of you think still am. I hadn't understood the significance of her visit to a college campus so soon after her controversial trip to North Vietnam where she was photographed sitting on a NVA anti-aircraft gun. With so many pilots shot down over Hanoi many thought it was a betrayal and felt the image of her smiling with NVA anti-aircraft gunners served as a tool in Ton Duc Thang's propaganda war.

Now, after gaining some perspective I recognize her speaking tour of college campuses was an attempt to rehabilitate her image after her betrayal tour of the North. By the way, she did give an apology of sorts in 1988 in an interview with Barbara Walters for some of what she did and said while touring in Hanoi. Of course, many veterans never forgave her.

Honestly? The interview I turned in to the editor was a fluff piece. Like something you'd see in people magazine. I hadn't developed the probing instincts of a reporter, yet. Besides, I was awestruck by her celebrity. I mean, there I was interviewing Barbarella! Behind those shades I was making goo-goo eyes.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
One thing.

Horseshit. 

Hanoi Jane is a lying, traitorous, communist bitch, and I hope I live to see the day when she finally dies, rots and departs for her long prepared place in eternal Hell.  She's another one I hope they roast upside down and head first in a narrow red hot cast iron tomb.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:45:35 am by Chieftain »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Don't hold back Chief, tell us how you really feel  :silly:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Back then it was either David Cassidy or Leif Garrett hair for the guys

And Farah Fawcett or Lily Tomlin (Edith Ann) hair for the girls.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline evadR

Don't hold back Chief, tell us how you really feel  :silly:
damn! Don't piss off the Chief.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline PzLdr

When her time comes and she is laid in the ground, I envision a line of Vietnam veterans outside the cemetery gate, armed with cases of beer and full bladders.

I might eat a full load of Chili to go with the beer. Jane deserves a full service remembrance.

CPT ARMOR
MACV 1971

Imjin Scout
1968-1969
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

That hair!

Those glasses!

That was the look, wasn't it?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx