Author Topic: Trey Gowdy: Tougher Questions at Drive-Thru Than NBC Asked Rice  (Read 423 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=554523

Newsmax
Trey Gowdy: Tougher Questions at Drive-Thru Than NBC Asked Rice
Monday, February 24, 2014 10:30 PM

By: Greg Richter

Rep. Trey Gowdy wasn't impressed with the questions asked of National Security Adviser Susan Rice on "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

"I would love the chance to ask follow-up questions of Susan Rice, because David Gregory apparently did not avail himself of that opportunity," Gowdy said Monday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren."

"I just listened to the clip," he said. "I get tougher questions in the Bojangles' drive-through than he asked her."

Rice told Gregory she had "no regrets" for the appearances she made on all five Sunday news shows just days after the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. On that day, she blamed the attacks, which left U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead, on outrage over an anti-Muslim video.

Since then, that has been shown to be untrue, but Rice said she was relying on the information provided at the time by the intelligence community.

That didn't satisfy Gowdy, who said, "There's no regret about lying to your fellow citizens? No regret about the fact that in 18 months, not a single, solitary person's been brought to justice? No regret for misleading the families and the loved ones of those four murdered Americans? I can certainly help her if she is struggling to come up with an area of regret."

Gowdy wants to see a select committee named with subpoena power so he can question Rice himself. But he would not, he assured, ask "David Gregory-type questions."

Gowdy said he would ask why Rice had "so little intellectual curiosity" that she didn't question the talking points.

"Did you ask anybody to prove to you that this was a video, or did you just go out and parrot it?" he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34