Author Topic: Senate takes up veterans bill that's tough for lawmakers to vote against in election year  (Read 654 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/24/senate-takes-up-veterans-bill-that-tough-for-lawmakers-to-vote-against-in/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

Senate takes up veterans bill that's tough for lawmakers to vote against in election year
Published February 24, 2014
Associated Press

WASHINGTON –  It's hard to vote against veterans these days.

Two weeks after rolling back an effort to slow cost-of-living pension increases for working-age military retirees, the Senate is now being asked to give veterans a host of new programs costing $21 billion over the next decade.

Debate is scheduled to begin Tuesday on a bill addressing dozens of priorities that veterans have raised in recent years. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is counting on voters supporting more programs for veterans in an election year even though Republicans complain the bill as Democrats wrote it would swell federal deficits.

The bill would make more veterans eligible for VA health care, require public colleges to offer in-state tuition rates to all veterans and help seriously wounded veterans get fertility treatments.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good!

Hope it passes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien