Author Topic: 2014 Governors Dinner At the White House (Photos)  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
2014 Governors Dinner At the White House (Photos)
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »

There are not as many photos as you would think and the non Obama ones are all bad quality pictures. Christie was a no show because of his daughter's birthday. The news media presented Deval Patrick and Joe Biden as a 2016 POTUS contender. (Hillary is throwing a lamp some where.)

Gov. Nikki Haley was seated next to FLOTUS  (Where Christie sat last year)

Gov. Mary Fallin

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: 2014 Governors Dinner At the White House (Photos)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 03:04:24 pm »
Gov. Jan Brewer

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:49:14 pm »

The governors meeting with Obama today. Got, as AOL titled it- partisan.

Governors erupt in partisan dispute at White House

Louisiana Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal lashed out first, saying if Obama were serious about growing the economy he would approve the Keystone XL pipeline project and take other executive actions.
Instead, Jindal said, Obama "seems to be waving the white flag of surrender" on the economy by focusing on raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10, up from $7.25. "The Obama economy is now the minimum wage economy. I think we can do better than that," Jindal said.

Jindal's statements were the kind that Republicans often make on television appearances or at partisan events, but don't usually come from potential presidential candidates standing yards from the Oval Office. Other governors had been instead expressing wide agreement and appreciation for the president's time. As Jindal spoke, some of his colleagues began shaking their heads, and Hawaii Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie began audibly mumbling to others around him.
Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy took over the microphone from Jindal and responded sharply, "Wait a second, until a few moments ago we were going down a pretty cooperative road. So let me just say that we don't all agree that moving Canadian oil through the United States is necessarily the best thing for the United States economy."

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/02/24/governors-erupt-in-partisan-dispute-at-white-house/20837096/

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »
The governors meeting with Obama today. Got, as AOL titled it- partisan.

Governors erupt in partisan dispute at White House

Louisiana Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal lashed out first, saying if Obama were serious about growing the economy he would approve the Keystone XL pipeline project and take other executive actions.
    Instead, Jindal said, Obama "seems to be waving the white flag of surrender" on the economy by focusing on raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10, up from $7.25. "The Obama economy is now the minimum wage economy. I think we can do better than that," Jindal said.

Jindal's statements were the kind that Republicans often make on television appearances or at partisan events, but don't usually come from potential presidential candidates standing yards from the Oval Office. Other governors had been instead expressing wide agreement and appreciation for the president's time. As Jindal spoke, some of his colleagues began shaking their heads, and Hawaii Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie began audibly mumbling to others around him.
    Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy took over the microphone from Jindal and responded sharply, "Wait a second, until a few moments ago we were going down a pretty cooperative road. So let me just say that we don't all agree that moving Canadian oil through the United States is necessarily the best thing for the United States economy."

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/02/24/governors-erupt-in-partisan-dispute-at-white-house/20837096/

How utterly symptomatic of why the GOP is in such a parlous condition.  The other governors could very well have reasonably disagreed with Jindal about both the substance of his comments and his speaking when and how he did, but a reasonable politician in this environment would have kept ranks closed in public and aired the laundry in private.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:59:36 pm »

How utterly symptomatic of why the GOP is in such a parlous condition.  The other governors could very well have reasonably disagreed with Jindal about both the substance of his comments and his speaking when and how he did, but a reasonable politician in this environment would have kept ranks closed in public and aired the laundry in private.

I view it in a different manner. I see it as the media via AOL covering it the way they see fit.  If it had been the dems c/o Bush and his policies, it would not have been insinuated that they were in the wrong and out of protocol doing it.

Obama called the meeting for show and politics. Obama was asked about the Pipeline and he said the same thing he did years ago-he will have an answer in a few months.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:00:37 pm by Gazoo »

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:01:01 pm »
I view it in a different manner. I see it as the media via AOL covering it the way they see fit.  If it had been the dems c/o Bush and his policies, it would not have been insinuated that they were in the wrong and out of protocol doing it.

Obama called the meeting for show and politics. Obama was asked about the Pipeline and he said the same he did years ago-he will have an answer in a few months.

Which is precisely why the republicans should have kept their ranks closed up tight.  You'd think that they'd know the media's rope-a-dope game by now.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:19 pm »
Which is precisely why the republicans should have kept their ranks closed up tight.  You'd think that they'd know the media's rope-a-dope game by now.

Again, I disagree. Obama called the meeting to ask them about jobs. Gov. Jindal said what he thought, then O"Malley countered. BINGO it's partisan. The news article describes it like Gov. Jindal dared to speak of Obama so near the oval office and white house. Should he have spoken to reporters down the road or never?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
As Jindal spoke, some of his colleagues began shaking their heads, and Hawaii Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie began audibly mumbling to others around him.
Democrats, not Republicans, criticized Jindal's remarks. Even the AP couldn't report that Republican governors disagreed with him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 10:08:37 pm »
Democrats, not Republicans, criticized Jindal's remarks. Even the AP couldn't report that Republican governors disagreed with him.

my apologies; I must have misread

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:10 pm »
Can anybody tell me which Gov. this is?

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 11:42:22 pm »
Can anybody tell me which Gov. this is?

hmmm...Bambi is laughing so it probably is a rat.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.