Author Topic: In first, majority says Obama is not respected on world stage  (Read 642 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In first, majority says Obama is not respected on world stage
« on: February 24, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/europe/199008-slight-majority-says-obama-not-respected-on-world-stage

February 24, 2014, 06:55 am
In first, majority says Obama is not respected on world stage

By Rebecca Shabad

For the first time, more than half of the United States public said President Obama is not respected by other world leaders, according to a Gallup poll released Monday.

The new poll indicates 53 percent said Obama is not respected on the world stage compared to 41 percent who said he is respected.

Gallup notes the public’s opinion has shifted significantly in the last year. In 2013, 51 percent said Obama was respected internationally while 43 percent said he wasn’t.

The latest results came from Gallup’s World Affairs poll, conducted Feb. 6 to 9.

Obama’s perceived respect from other world leaders has dropped among Republicans, Democrats and independents. Only 19 percent of Republicans said Obama is respected internationally, 34 percent of independents held that view and 69 percent of Democrats said Obama is respected.

The poll comes as Obama tackles a slew of foreign policy issues including Syria, Iran, Ukraine and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Despite Obama’s ratings, a slight majority, 51 percent to 47 percent, said the U.S. is still viewed favorably around the globe.

Fewer people, however, 61 percent, were dissatisfied with the U.S.’s position in the world. Thirty-seven percent said they’re satisfied.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: In first, majority says Obama is not respected on world stage
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »
[iDespite Obama’s ratings, a slight majority, 51 percent to 47 percent, said the U.S. is still viewed favorably around the globe.
][/i]

It might as well read "Despite Obama's efforts..."

By the end of his term in office, even less people will view the U.S. favorably, and Obama will be pleased at what he has accomplished in eight years.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:00:40 pm »
[iDespite Obama’s ratings, a slight majority, 51 percent to 47 percent, said the U.S. is still viewed favorably around the globe.
][/i]

It might as well read "Despite Obama's efforts..."

By the end of his term in office, even less people will view the U.S. favorably, and Obama will be pleased at what he has accomplished in eight years.

Yep! And sorry he didn't finish the job! Of course assuming that he doesn't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:41:28 pm »
Where was this poll taken, Saudi Arabia?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:28:17 am »
The poll comes as Obama tackles a slew of foreign policy issues including Syria, Iran, Ukraine and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

"Tackles"??!!    :silly:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 12:44:19 am »
"Tackles"??!!    :silly:

Yeah he is real busy running to CA to golf. Ring ring Reggie calling Obama's blackberry.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 12:50:55 am »
Yeah he is real busy running to CA to golf. Ring ring Reggie calling Obama's blackberry.

The latter being the only "tackle" involved here.