Author Topic: Michigan non-Muslim high school girls don hijabs to learn aobut "literature, religion, and indentity"  (Read 665 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:09:10 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
You just can't make this stuff up.

Had they decided to don nun's habits, they'd have been castigated as pawns in the "War on Women."
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline aligncare

Online mountaineer

But, I don't recall school indoctrination into Judaism. What's the difference? Why the reeducation of our children today?
Exactly. I remember attending Vacation Bible School at my Methodist Church back in the 1960s and we took a trip to a synagogue to learn about Judaism. It certainly wasn't a case of a public school promoting the religion. Education about many religions is one thing; promotion of one is another. Did this public school district teach about other religions quite as thoroughly as they did Islam?
“My god! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy? I confess I had no idea of it myself.” Jefferson writing to Madison on America in 1785 while in Paris.

Offline raml

Brighton Michigan is in a pretty conservative county of Livingston in Michigan. My daughter lives in Howell which is next door to Brighton. We raised our children in Hartland also very near there. It is hard to believe this area would allow this in the schools. I guess it has really changed since I lived there. The Klu Kux clan leader use to live in Howell. I would never have allowed my children to do this even back then I was very leery of Islam. I use to sell business insurance in Dearborn Mi when I first started out as an agent and I got to know the culture of Islam just fine thank you. The woman never talked to you even to say hi just the men when doing business the woman waited on us and served the coffee and worked in the business's but had no say about anything and wore those hideous hijabs even when it was hot and humid like only Michigan can get. The men were always in the back room smoking their pipes and it is where I did business with them I found them to be the laziest men on earth. They did treat me fine and bought the insurance and were always pleasant to me but I was very aware of the women around me who looked rather unhappy and worn out. The area they were in also looked run down but had been a really nice area before they started buying up the businesses there. I haven't been back there in years and hear all of Dearborn belongs to them now not just East Dearborn
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:38:19 AM by raml »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
You just can't make this stuff up.

Had they decided to don nun's habits, they'd have been castigated as pawns in the "War on Women."

And the left would have howled for the teacher to be fired for violating Church/State separation.

Online kevindavis

Where in the hell is the ACLU on this??
“If he will lie to or mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American public? Private conduct does have public consequences.”
Franklin Graham

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where in the hell is the ACLU on this??

In Detroit, about 30 miles away.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:35:32 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline raml

When I lived in that area Brighton was at least 45 miles from Detroit has that changed too?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
When I lived in that area Brighton was at least 45 miles from Detroit has that changed too?

The operative word was about. :seeya:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf