Author Topic: Congressional black caucus member says requiring black candidates to win 50% of the vote is racist  (Read 560 times)

rangerrebew

Congressional Black Caucus Member Says Requiring Black Candidates to Win 50% of the Vote is Racist

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On February 23, 2014 @ 12:28 pm In The Point | 18 Comments

And it is racist. Expecting them to win a full majority is almost as racist as Voter ID or expecting them to have a platform or to campaign. And if you disagree, you’re racist too.

U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC6) has the unfortunate affliction of speech. In a recent article in The State newspaper, the 73 year old, seven-term congressman claims there are “barriers” in South Carolina that prevent black candidates from winning statewide office;

One of them, he said, is the state law that requires a candidate to win 50 percent plus one of the votes cast in a primary election. Often, that requirement forces black candidates into runoff elections that are harder to win, he said.

“That 50-percent-plus-one rule was put in in order to negate or minimize opportunity for African-Americans to win the primary,” he said. “It’s a very slick way to dilute the impact of the black vote.”

Clyburn said he wants S.C. law changed so a candidate only needs to get 40 percent of the vote when there are three or more candidates in a primary to win the nomination.

So a 50 percent requirement was invented to keep Black Democrats down. Who knew? Math was racist all along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/congressional-black-caucus-member-says-requiring-black-candidates-to-win-50-of-the-vote-is-racist/

rangerrebew

It's not fair, momma! :baby:  Oreos make it too hard. :baby: I don't want equality, I want super-equality. :baby:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:04:27 am by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Who knew? Math was racist all along.
I think that's why Calypso Louie Farrakhan had to invent with "million man math."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org