Author Topic: Congressional black caucus member says requiring black candidates to win 50% of the vote is racist  (Read 235 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Congressional Black Caucus Member Says Requiring Black Candidates to Win 50% of the Vote is Racist

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On February 23, 2014 @ 12:28 pm In The Point | 18 Comments

And it is racist. Expecting them to win a full majority is almost as racist as Voter ID or expecting them to have a platform or to campaign. And if you disagree, you’re racist too.

U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC6) has the unfortunate affliction of speech. In a recent article in The State newspaper, the 73 year old, seven-term congressman claims there are “barriers” in South Carolina that prevent black candidates from winning statewide office;

One of them, he said, is the state law that requires a candidate to win 50 percent plus one of the votes cast in a primary election. Often, that requirement forces black candidates into runoff elections that are harder to win, he said.

“That 50-percent-plus-one rule was put in in order to negate or minimize opportunity for African-Americans to win the primary,” he said. “It’s a very slick way to dilute the impact of the black vote.”

Clyburn said he wants S.C. law changed so a candidate only needs to get 40 percent of the vote when there are three or more candidates in a primary to win the nomination.

So a 50 percent requirement was invented to keep Black Democrats down. Who knew? Math was racist all along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/congressional-black-caucus-member-says-requiring-black-candidates-to-win-50-of-the-vote-is-racist/
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
It's not fair, momma! :baby:  Oreos make it too hard. :baby: I don't want equality, I want super-equality. :baby:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:04:27 AM by rangerrebew »
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Online mountaineer

Who knew? Math was racist all along.
I think that's why Calypso Louie Farrakhan had to invent with "million man math."
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf