Author Topic: Why Republican Cowards Despise Cruz  (Read 481 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why Republican Cowards Despise Cruz
« on: February 23, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »
Why Republican Cowards Despise Cruz

“Former Rep. Steven LaTourette is a member in the establishment’s war on the Tea Party. His deceptively named ‘Defending Main Street’ PAC is being financed primarily by Wall Street and labor unions, which have contributed at least 20% to the group’s fundraising haul. In an appearance on MSNBC’s The Last Word on Tuesday, LaTourette said that Cruz was ‘reprehensible’ for forcing Republicans to go on the record to advance a bill to raise the debt ceiling without reducing spending.” - Tony Lee

In just the last several years, the nature of the problems that have plagued the Republican Party have gotten infinitely more complex. It was once a Party that valued actual conservatism, then it became liberalism lite. Now, in the years since Obama’s election, there has been a resurgence of real conservatives entering political office. These new conservatives are boldly going where few have gone before. And by “boldly going where few have gone before,” I mean that they are—GASP—actually following through with their promises. They are fighting.

The new conservatives have outraged the old guard. The graybeards hate the conservatives so much that they are doing everything possible to derail potential conservative candidates. But why are they doing this? What would drive a seemingly good Republican to wage a war on someone simply because that person is following through on their promises? The answer is clear, and rather simple. The establishment Republicans have died. They who used to be conservative have mutated into a frightening Republican/liberal chimera.

These chimeras no longer represent we the people. They represent themselves, and their fellow criminals. Why else would they allow the American people to be steamrolled by Obamacare, when—if they had united behind Ted Cruz—they could have defunded it? Even if it were not the case that they could have succeeded in defunding Obamacare, why would they choose to let go of their principles? Most of them campaigned on fighting Obamacare tooth and nail, yet when the time came to make a choice, they sided with keeping their job. Their cowardice is a shiv in the eyes of all of us.

How is it “reprehensible” that Ted Cruz forced fellow Republicans to show their true nature? Oh no! Ted Cruz wanted spending cuts in exchange for yet another massive increase in the debt ceiling! How terrible of him to think that spending cuts should be something Republicans would favor, and fight for! It’s not like our debt is that bad, right? Oh wait. What a jerk he is, forcing Republicans to side with Democrats! Hmmm, perhaps “forcing” is a strong word.

The ones who are truly behaving reprehensibly are those who are participating in the anti-tea party movement. Those who have betrayed their constituents, and become crony capitalists in the process, they are the reprehensible ones. Those who have become warped, and beaten down, they are the ones who are reprehensible. Ted Cruz is the opposite. If every representative were like Cruz, and Mike Lee, we would have repealed Obamacare by now. That doesn’t sound reprehensible to me.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/4839/republican-cowards-despise-cruz/#01qBioRPgT8bvLAf.99
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why Republican Cowards Despise Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
Pretty much right on target!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »
 :thumbsup2:  hmm LaTourette or Cruz...  :pondering: :pondering: :patriot:

I'll take Cruz for a hundred, Alex...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
The ones who are truly behaving reprehensibly are those who are participating in the anti-tea party movement. Those who have betrayed their constituents, and become crony capitalists in the process, they are the reprehensible ones. Those who have become warped, and beaten down, they are the ones who are reprehensible.

Which is why I will never have any tolerance for any that support these monsters.  Never.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:09:13 pm »
Pretty much right on target!

Agree.  Thanks for posting!!!   :beer: