Author Topic: A worrisome "Beckism"  (Read 953 times)

Offline olde north church

A worrisome "Beckism"
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
To paraphrase, "We're not concerned about Left or Right but right and wrong."
That, my friends, is charlatan speak.  That is what often precedes Democrat majorities.  The soft-headed "Conservatives" and "Independents", fall for it every time, while the lock-step Leftists vote as they are supposed to, DEMOCRATS.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: A worrisome "Beckism"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:27:38 PM »
I agree with Beck.  A lot of people call themselves R4s and are not conservatives and a lot call themselves Ds because their family's have been Ds forever and they are LIV enough to not see why they might not be a D in its current iteration or an R with all the Progressives in that party.  Both parties are corrupting the nation and Beck sees it.. so do Hannity and Levin, too.  BTW Beck is a libertarian.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
I agree with Beck.  A lot of people call themselves R4s and are not conservatives and a lot call themselves Ds because their family's have been Ds forever and they are LIV enough to not see why they might not be a D in its current iteration or an R with all the Progressives in that party.  Both parties are corrupting the nation and Beck sees it.. so do Hannity and Levin, too.  BTW Beck is a libertarian.

Beck is Dusty Rhodes.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:26:32 PM »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »
To paraphrase, "We're not concerned about Left or Right but right and wrong."
If that's a paraphrase, what did he actually say? If it was something about not caring about R or D ... I have no problem with it.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »
If that's a paraphrase, what did he actually say? If it was something about not caring about R or D ... I have no problem with it.

It was as close as I could remember in the 13 seconds from when I heard it, to when I posted it.  It may have been his slogan between segments or The Blaze motto.
It was NOT R or D.  It was Left or Right.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:34:36 AM by olde north church »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 02:34:09 PM »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
You know the saying "the early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese?".  I don't trust people who present themselves as altruists.

The early bird gets the worm.....but the early worm gets eaten by the bird, grasshopper!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:32 AM »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
 :hands:

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 10:17:09 AM »

Online aligncare

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »
Beck is doing the work that many Republicans refuse to do. He is building an entire network from the ground up, promoting conservative and libertarian points of view, teaching American history, exposing Progressive plans and schemes, and warning about dangers to Liberty that the mainstream media ignore or deny.

He, along with Rush Limbaugh and a handful of others, is effectively daring the Republican Party to take a stand against the perils we face and to oppose the forces responsible for them, knowing that the GOP will not survive if its leadership continues to pretend that America's foundational principles need not be publicly promoted or defended in order to be saved.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »
Navy (if I may be familiar!), that's my point.  You may be glad he's on our side, while I'm still not too sure he is.  Like to put all our eggs in the Beck basket we may be surely let down.  But each to our own!   :beer:

If you don't think Beck is on our side, whose side do you suspect he's on?   :shrug:

I don't know of anyone who "puts all their eggs in the Beck basket."  Do you?

Don't feel threatened--he's one of many conservatives currently fighting the good fight.   He's one of the good guys.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
suspicion of anyone who claims to be acting from altruistic motives is simply rational.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
 :shrug:
Navy (if I may be familiar!), that's my point.  You may be glad he's on our side, while I'm still not too sure he is.  Like to put all our eggs in the Beck basket we may be surely let down.  But each to our own!   :beer:

Do you actually watch The Blaze?  Because what you posted to start this tread is from a commercial for The Blaze.  I know you said a while back you don't watch Real News on The Blaze because the panel is too young.  Frankly i find their discussions on the panel refreshing and and smart, same with Wilkow and the special reports the do on Wednesday with Laurie Dhue followed by former CIA, Buck Sexton, are excellent.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
:shrug:

Do you actually watch The Blaze?  Because what you posted to start this tread is from a commercial for The Blaze.  I know you said a while back you don't watch Real News on The Blaze because the panel is too young.  Frankly i find their discussions on the panel refreshing and and smart, same with Wilkow and the special reports the do on Wednesday with Laurie Dhue followed by former CIA, Buck Sexton, are excellent.

Have been making a habit to watch.  Not makin' it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf