Author Topic: Revealed: Obama's attack on Medicare part D  (Read 1656 times)

rangerrebew

Revealed: Obama's attack on Medicare part D
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:42:47 am »
REVEALED: Obama’s ‘attack’ on Medicare Part D

Posted By Patrick Howley On 11:26 PM 02/22/2014 In | No Comments

The Obama administration is launching an “attack” on the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D programs as part of Obamacare that will result in higher costs and less health care options for seniors, according to a U.S. House subcommittee.

The administration is quietly introducing “policies that would undermine the integrity and success of the Medicare Part D program” according to the subcommittee. President Bush signed Medicare Part D into law in 2003 to subsidize prescription drug costs for Medicare beneficiaries.

The Daily Caller has learned that the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittee on Health will hold a hearing Feb. 26 in Room 2123 of the Rayburn Building entitled, “Messing with Success: How CMS’s Attack on the Part D Program Will Increase Costs and Reduce Choices for Seniors.”

The administration’s Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of Kathleen Sebelius’ Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), recently introduced a new proposed rule on the Federal Register called “Medicare Program: Contract Year 2015 Policy and Technical Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs.”

The new rule “would revise the Medicare Advantage (MA) program (Part C) regulations and prescription drug benefit program (Part D) regulations to implement statutory requirements; strengthen beneficiary protections; exclude plans that perform poorly; improve program efficiencies; and clarify program requirements,” according to the Federal Register.

The rule states that it also aims “to implement certain provisions of the Affordable Care Act.”

The new rule’s stated desire to “strengthen our ability to identify strong applicants for Part C and Part D program participation and remove consistently poor performers” would give the Obama administration new authority to limit health insurance and prescription drug providers under the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D programs.

The Daily Caller has extensively reported on Obamacare’s veritable destruction of the privately-run Medicare Advantage program, which Obamacare raids to the tune of $300 billion in a sweeping cut that begins to affect seniors in 2014. But the U.S. House subcommittee is principally concerned about the rule’s impact on Medicare Part D.

The new CMS rule introduces “policies that would undermine the integrity and success of the Medicare Part D program,” according to the subcommittee.

“Medicare Part D, through its unique private sector-based competitive model, has given seniors access to quality and affordable health care choices for the past ten years. Subcommittee members look forward to hearing from CMS regarding the proposed rule and better understanding what effect it will have on the Medicare Part D program,” according to the subcommittee.

Follow Patrick on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/22/revealed-obamas-attack-on-medicare-part-d/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Revealed: Obama's attack on Medicare part D
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:28:59 pm »
Is is already happening. SS payments were slashed. Medicare Advantage costs have ridiculously gone up. I have written my senator and will post his letter of response when I get it. I also pleaded with my Senator to unite with the only ones in the party that are speaking out about my concerns. He is a high ranking, very astute Senator. I am tired of being afraid of speaking up for fear of retribution. I also informed him I have proof the IRS is incompetent and told him I fear the future of the IRS controlling my health care.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:37:14 pm »
I can't understand why there isn't a march on Washington by now. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »
I receive a statement every month on my part D.  Might as well not even be paying the monthly premiums as the have slashed what they even cover to the bone.   At this point D  is a profit to the Feds.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:59:29 pm »
I receive a statement every month on my part D.  Might as well not even be paying the monthly premiums as the have slashed what they even cover to the bone.   At this point D  is a profit to the Feds.

I was advised by my insurance agent to not buy Medicare Advantage because they were going to get rid of it.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 07:02:57 pm »

The federal leviathan doesn't get the premiums.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 07:20:08 pm »

A march?  A march for what?  There were "Occupy" forces in every major city and jerkwater town and the "media" wistfully ascribed them the wisdom of whatever wisdom the media bestows.  "Tea Partiers" weren't so well received by the media.
Stop with the marches and rallies already.  Limbaugh and Beck rail against "symbolism" yet indulge whenever possible.  Do something of substance.  Start taking day a week off from work and sit in a library.  Make $50.00 less a week by several million truants.  That will be noticed as money, lack thereof gets attention.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:20:51 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:15 pm »
The federal leviathan doesn't get the premiums.

They come out of my SS check each month. I never see it. The Feds decide what drugs Part D will cover, not the intermediary carrier... remember the pharmaceutical companies made deals with Obama to not oppose Locate.. they're all washing each other's hands.  And D is pretty much mandatory... BTW meds were covered in my former pre Medicare $100 a month 80/20 plan and my first year in Part D it wads pretty much equal on Part D what went to them and what was used... under Ocare, D is almost worthless for all but the people collecting the premium.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:40:35 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 11:48:21 pm »
Simple. The President and his lackeys do what they want and don't care about the masses. If they revolt, they do one of two things: 1. Suppress them. 2. Brainwash them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:42 am »
[[ Simple. The President and his lackeys do what they want and don't care about the masses. If they revolt, they do one of two things: 1. Suppress them. 2. Brainwash them. ]]

Agreed.
But what we have seen transpire in Kiev the past few days, gives me hope...

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:04 am »

Do something of substance.  Start taking day a week off from work and sit in a library.  Make $50.00 less a week by several million truants.  That will be noticed as money, lack thereof gets attention.

In other words, go Galt.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »
In other words, go Galt.

Mmmm, not exactly, let them be perfectly aware as opposed to just not showing up anymore.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
[[ Simple. The President and his lackeys do what they want and don't care about the masses. If they revolt, they do one of two things: 1. Suppress them. 2. Brainwash them. ]]

Agreed.
But what we have seen transpire in Kiev the past few days, gives me hope...
Ukraine is a lot smaller than the USA.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024