Author Topic: Gary Sinise (Lieutenant Dan) building homes for wounded American Vets  (Read 822 times)

rangerrebew

Gary Sinise Building Homes for Wounded American Vets

"Building custom, smart homes for America's most severely wounded heroes."

Actor Gary Sinise, well known for his role as Lieutenant Dan in "Forrest Gump," is the founder of the Gary Sinise Foundation. His foundation serves soldiers and first responders through various charities and programs including building custom homes for severely wounded veterans.

A video from the foundation shows the technology that is built into these homes to help soldiers who have returned home "forever changed by their sacrifices." From wheelchair access to electronic levers that move cabinets and stoves up and down, these "smart homes" are allowing America's freedom fighters a chance to return home and "reclaim their independence."

To help cover the costs, Sinise has launched a donation campaign during Sunday's Daytona 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup. He will be the Honorary Starter for the race and wave the green flag.

Gary Sinise is a great Amercian helping true American heroes.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/gary-sinise-building-homes-wounded-american-vets
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:46:04 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Gary Sinise (Lieutenant Dan) building homes for wounded American Vets
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »
I wonder if Obama or Holder will step in and order him to stop helping Vets? :smash:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:48:22 pm by happyg »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:51:14 pm »
He's a good man.. I think his outspoken conservatism is why they cancelled his CSI series.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »
I wonder if Obama or Holder will step in and order him to stop helping Vets? :smash:

I sense sarcasm in your post.  :nono: My son and I were watching tv last night, when a Wounded Warriors commercial came on. I thought he was going to cry when he said the government should be doing what WW is doing. As much as we voluntarily do for the military, the government still keeps taking away. Paybacks will be a bitch some day if the democrats and Obama keeps their crap up.

BTW, I posted my reply in your post, ranger. I hit the wrong tab, but removed it.  Sorry!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:50 pm »

BTW, I posted my reply in your post, ranger. I hit the wrong tab, but removed it.  Sorry!

Damn, I hate when that happens....  :shrug:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 12:09:59 am »
Nothing irritates me more than our veterans needing to put their hand out while the unworthy cross the border under cover of darkness and earn a cornucopia of benefits.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:27:00 am »
He's a good man.. I think his outspoken conservatism is why they cancelled his CSI series.

His series ran for 9 years.  Viewer fatigue is probably more to blame than his politics.  Otherwise, why would his show last 10 years before CBS finally decided to punish him for his political views?

He's a great advocate for the military, though.  One who really does walk the walk.  CBS did a great piece on him after cancelling CSI:  NY.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gary-sinise-on-life-after-csi-ny/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:29:21 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:55:16 am »
His series ran for 9 years.  Viewer fatigue is probably more to blame than his politics.  Otherwise, why would his show last 10 years before CBS finally decided to punish him for his political views?

He's a great advocate for the military, though.  One who really does walk the walk.  CBS did a great piece on him after cancelling CSI:  NY.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gary-sinise-on-life-after-csi-ny/

I liked CSI NY more than the others

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 01:08:54 am »
I liked CSI NY more than the others

I liked CSI NY the best, too. The acting as a lot better. I can't stand to watch David Caruso. He can't act, and tries to be so macho.