Author Topic: 'Retire Mitch' McConnell signs pop up around Kentucky  (Read 4337 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 'Retire Mitch' McConnell signs pop up around Kentucky
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 01:09:27 am »
You are not a reasonable poster, you make people walk on eggshells in discussion with your higher than mighty petard you put yourself on. Shall I go through your post history and see if you have ever used a derogatory word or said the eff word? No one likes the grammar police either, shall I get English teacher to peruse your posts. Grasp some humor bud, because I am going to post freely and if you don't like it you can lump it.
Go ahead and do whatever you like. If you don't want grief from me, don't give me grief.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 01:10:10 am »
You are not a reasonable poster, you make people walk on eggshells in discussion with your higher than mighty petard you put yourself on. Shall I go through your post history and see if you have ever used a derogatory word or said the eff word? No one likes the grammar police either, shall I get English teacher to peruse your posts. Grasp some humor bud, because I am going to post freely and if you don't like it you can lump it.

You invoke the grammar police, then you use the word "petard" in a way that doesn't mean what you think it means.

You'd better focus on the topics at hand and refrain from engaging in side discussions.  You're O-3 today so far.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2014, 01:16:01 am »
I have had enough of this from you three..you have taken this fight now on several threads and ruined them...ignore each other!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2014, 02:16:51 am »
I feel "old farts" is a more derogatory term, than broads.

No surprise there!!

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Carling

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2014, 02:39:38 am »
While I think it admirable to try and primary McConnell, "Retire Mitch" is basically negative campaigning, and does nothing to tell people why they should vote for Bevins over McConnell.

I think the signs will backfire, and would probably be more appropriate in the general election with the Dem using that mode of attack. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2014, 02:52:02 am »
While I think it admirable to try and primary McConnell, "Retire Mitch" is basically negative campaigning, and does nothing to tell people why they should vote for Bevins over McConnell.

I think the signs will backfire, and would probably be more appropriate in the general election with the Dem using that mode of attack.

I feel the same way..I don't like the way this is going and feel that the Dem has a good chance of winning in the general...I would rather keep Mitch than have a Dem in his seat.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2014, 02:58:55 am »
I feel the same way..I don't like the way this is going and feel that the Dem has a good chance of winning in the general...I would rather keep Mitch than have a Dem in his seat.

If Bevins is a viable candidate, then I have no problem with him beating McConnell in the primary.  The problem I see in his PAC's approach to winning the primary is to run on the "Mitch is old" theme, which I imagine isn't going to resonate much in a southern state that places a lot of emphasis on family and respecting elders. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2014, 04:06:58 am »

That's not the point.....and you know it.

Truth_Seeker is a solid Conservative. 

I notice that you're not as hard on Sinkspur as you used to be.  Sooner or later, you'll feel the same way about TS.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2014, 04:16:06 am »
Agreed.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2014, 10:21:18 am »
Republican Party has gotten stale. Its leadership old and out of touch. Thank McConnell for his service but, put him out to pasture. We need a new generation of young firebrands in the Senate, ones that sense the urgency of our plight. America is transforming before our eyes yet the old guard sees nothing of it. Rather, their answer is to let them manage the change to statism not the Democrats..

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2014, 10:53:24 am »
Republican Party has gotten stale. Its leadership old and out of touch. Thank McConnell for his service but, put him out to pasture. We need a new generation of young firebrands in the Senate, ones that sense the urgency of our plight. America is transforming before our eyes yet the old guard sees nothing of it. Rather, their answer is to let them manage the change to statism not the Democrats..
The fact remains that McConnell is going to walk up to Bevin and slap the taste right out of his mouth during the primary.  and there are only two things that Bevin can do about it...

1. nothing
2. like it.

McConnell is not stepping down voluntarily no matter how much better Bevin senses the urgency of our plight.

Here is Bill Paxton recognizing the urgency of his plight in Aliens (profanity warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
he's funny.