Author Topic: Ole Miss Students May Face Charges in Racist Incident  (Read 436 times)

Offline Carling

Ole Miss Students May Face Charges in Racist Incident
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:10 PM »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Ole Miss Students May Face Charges in Racist Incident
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
There are Federal "Hate Crime" statutes that can be applied in specific instances, and I am not sure this qualifies.  Sounds like the College will vigorously look into this, as they should, because regardless of the statute the intention of these idiots was clear and at the right time and place may well have provoked a violent reaction.

This is sheer stupidity and I wonder how any of these guys got into college in the first place.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:31 PM »
There are Federal "Hate Crime" statutes that can be applied in specific instances, and I am not sure this qualifies.  Sounds like the College will vigorously look into this, as they should, because regardless of the statute the intention of these idiots was clear and at the right time and place may well have provoked a violent reaction.

This is sheer stupidity and I wonder how any of these guys got into college in the first place.

I still don't understand what the federal crime would be.  "Could have incited a riot" isn't, nor shouldn't, be a law.  Who is the victim in this 'hate crime?'  James Meredith?   Obama himself has incited more riots based on his rhetoric than these idiots. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:45:15 PM by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:59:58 PM »
I still don't understand what the federal crime would be.  "Could have incited a riot" isn't, nor shouldn't, be a law.  Who is the victim in this 'hate crime?'  James Meredith?   Obama himself has incited more riots based on his rhetoric than these idiots.

I just answered your question as I understand it, and I am not an attorney attached to the case.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf