Author Topic: Ukraine crisis: Viktor Yanukovych leaves Kiev for support base  (Read 653 times)

Offline LambChop

Ukraine crisis: Viktor Yanukovych leaves Kiev for support base
« on: February 22, 2014, 01:50:27 am »
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has flown out of Kiev to visit Ukraine's second largest city Kharkiv, considered his eastern political base.
A US official said the embattled president made the trip to attend a meeting. Two key allies, parliamentary speaker Volodomyr Rybak and presidential administration chief Andrei Kluyev, were also reported to be on board the aircraft.

snip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10655335/Ukraine-crisis-Viktor-Yanukovych-leaves-Kiev-for-support-base.html

Offline LambChop

Re: Ukraine crisis: Viktor Yanukovych leaves Kiev for support base
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:24 am »
Now things get really rough.  May god be with them.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 03:32:25 am »
Now things get really rough.  May god be with them.

Amen!

The Ukrainian people have been through so much.  The older ones with the brutal oppression of Communism, and the younger with the struggles of being free after 70 years of slavery (It's not easy!).

I share your prayer that God would protect them, and allow them to achieve their goal of being a free people.

(And I wish we had a President who cared about them, like President Bush did........)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 03:49:16 am »
This is 1956 Budapest, Hungary and Czechoslovakia all over again.

Hell.....this is what started World War I.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:02:16 am »
Amen!

The Ukrainian people have been through so much.  The older ones with the brutal oppression of Communism, and the younger with the struggles of being free after 70 years of slavery (It's not easy!).

I share your prayer that God would protect them, and allow them to achieve their goal of being a free people.

(And I wish we had a President who cared about them, like President Bush did........)

I pray God will protect them, because Obama sure won't...

Offline LambChop

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 04:10:30 am »
I pray God will protect them, because Obama sure won't...

Hell Chieftain, I still think he and his administration had something to do with this.  Wouldn't be the first time our government has gone in and riled the masses, just to sit back and watch it explode.  All those people dead, injured.  And their struggles are just beginning.

We give out an enormous amount of money in the Middle East, what will Obama donate to this cause except a "you better not" BS line?

Shameful.