Author Topic: Chris Matthews: Minimum wage is “a great way to screw the other side”  (Read 381 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/02/22/chris-matthews-minimum-wage-is-a-great-way-to-screw-the-other-side/

Chris Matthews: Minimum wage is “a great way to screw the other side”
posted at 7:01 pm on February 22, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

Yes, I suppose that might be true. Democrats certainly picked this not-ObamaCare battle strategically, seeing as majority of Americans do like at least the idea of a minimum-wage hike on the federal level. It’s really just so good of the Democrats to mercilessly exploit that economic populism with more intellectually bankrupt lies about the ostensible benefits of mandating employers to pay all of their workers a certain arbitrary wage — instead of doing the harder thing, like Republicans, and campaigning to make sure that Americans don’t get screwed in the process. Via RCP:

They come walk in the door, we would like you to sign this and Peter King is waiting for them. Peter King, does he want to have to sign that? He doesn’t want to not sign it. Pat Meehan, Mike Fitzpatrick, Gerlach, these other guys, they’re going to say, ‘Wait a minute, if I don’t sign this, then they’ll be able to go out and announce — the Democrats — that I, representing a lot of working, middle class families that I’ve said no to minimum wage.’ I think it’s a great way to screw the other side into doing something you want them to do. And it’s a win-win, because if they don’t do it, you kill them in November.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Chris Matthews: Minimum wage is “a great way to screw the other side”
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »
I think it’s a great way to screw the other side into doing something you want them to do. And it’s a win-win, because if they don’t do it, you kill them in November.

I despise this man.   :nometalk: