Author Topic: Audio: Howard Stern says “I will never vote Democrat again, they are Communists.”  (Read 1129 times)

Offline happyg

Sirius Satellite Radio host Howard Stern supports the merger of his network with XM Satelitte Radio and is fuming at Democratic opposition on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) panel.

After FCC commissioners announced they have reached a deal to approve the merger of Sirius (NASDAQ:SIRI) and XM (NASDAQ:XMSR), Stern ranted about Democrats’ ‘gangsterism’ and ‘communism’ and the obstacles to the merger.

Stern described a phone conversation he had with his agent, who he described as a “liberal Democrat kind of guy.”

“I go, ‘That’s it!’” Stern said. “ go, ‘You know what Don, I’ve voted Republican and I’ve voted Democrat. I have vowed I will never vote for a Democrat again. I don’t give a [expletive] – no matter who they are. I don’t care if God becomes a Democrat.’ I said, ‘I backed Hillary Clinton, I backed Al Gore, I backed John Kerry. I am done with them.’”

Stern took it a step even further and called Democrats on the FCC “communists” and referred to their tactics as “gangsterism.”

“The fact that these Democrats on the FCC are communists,” Stern said. “They’re for communism. They don’t want to see companies – this is gangsterism. I said, ‘This is crazy.’”

The FCC commission is a five-member panel made up of three Republicans and two Democrats. The Democrats include Jonathan Adelstein and Michael Copps. The Republicans include FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, Robert McDowell and Deborah Taylor Tate. Tate had been the swing vote on the proposed merger and on July 24 The Wall Street Journal reported she would vote in favor of the merger.
 Video at link: http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2014/02/21/audio-howard-stern-says-i-will-never-vote-democrat-again-they-are-communists/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
It takes some people long enough to figure it out, huh?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It takes some people long enough to figure it out, huh?
Stern has always been a libertarian, perhaps with some Republican leaning. He kind of got ticked off at the GOP in 2005 or so after the socons gave him heat for his raunchy schtick but he is no lefty.

The big danger here is if he starts towing the big-L Libertarian Party line. They are the Dems' ace in the hole. Stern flirted with running for New York gov about 20 years ago with their backing but dropped out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

Stern is no dummy.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

Was this article old? Sirius/M have been merged for a while now.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

the article is dated Feb 21, 2014  :shrug:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Technically, they are still separate services, for technological and financial reasons, even though both are owned by the same company. Most channels are on both, but a few premium ones are only available on one or the other (Stern being one of them) and require a premium subscription to access from the other provider.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Merger approved 2008. One management. Two technical satellite and device systems. Programming is nearly down to just one list of programs.

How would I know? Continuous subscriber to first Sirius since 2004, then to XM since 2006.

I use XM for music and business/political news. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Stern is no dummy.......

Really??  Wanna bet me whether he could pass a pee test??  Ten bucks says he couldn't pass one if he studied....

:smokin:

Offline katzenjammer

the article is dated Feb 21, 2014  :shrug:

Even though it is currently dated Feb 21, 2014 as you note, I think that it may be a "re-print" or something, there is a clue as to the age of it in the description of the FCC commission:

The FCC commission is a five-member panel made up of three Republicans and two Democrats. The Democrats include Jonathan Adelstein and Michael Copps. The Republicans include FCC Chairman Kevin Martin, Robert McDowell and Deborah Taylor Tate. Tate had been the swing vote on the proposed merger and on July 24 The Wall Street Journal reported she would vote in favor of the merger.

Martin was FCC Chairman from March 2005 to January 2009.  (The 3 Rs and 2 Ds is also an indication of an R administration.)

Offline happyg

Several sites posted this as if it were current. Here is an original article to settle it.

Howard Stern: 'I'll never vote for a Democrat again, they're Communists!'

by CynthiaYockey on March 18, 2010

http://aconservativelesbian.com/2010/03/18/howard-stern-ill-never-vote-for-a-democrat-again-theyre-communists/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Good job!

Less than a dozen posts and the truth is verified!

It would be interesting based upon 'conditions' today, what he'd add or subtract from that rant.

A good journalist would get on that pronto!   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess everyone catches on eventually! Some sooner than others.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien