Author Topic: Senators demand FBI head answer questions abouit indictments of Dinesh D'Souza  (Read 470 times)

rangerrebew

Senators Demand FBI Head Answer Questions About Indictment of Dinesh D'Souza

11:31 AM, Feb 21, 2014 • By DANIEL HALPER

Four United States Senators have a written a letter to FBI director James Comey about the indictment of author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza. Senators Charles Grassley, ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee are the four senators, all Republicans, to have signed the letter.

The letter quotes Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz as saying, "I can't help but think that [D'Souza's] politics have something to do with it. ... It smacks of selective prosecution."

And, the senators write, "To dispel this sort of public perception that Mr. D'Souza may have been targeted because of his outspoken criticisms of the President, it is important for the FBI to be transparent regarding the precise origin of this investigation."

The senators provide a dozen direct questions for the FBI director to answer. "To explain the details of these routine reviews and provide context to those who may be skeptical of the origins of this investigation, please provide answers to the following questions regarding FBI's regular review of campaign files:

1. It appears from U.S. Attorney's Office comment that the FBI conducts regular, perhaps random reviews of campaign filings. Is this correct? If so, what methodology does the FBI use to conduct these reviews?

2. Please identify and describe all methods by which a review of campaign filings may be initiated.

3. Please identify all other government entities involved in the FBI's review of campaign filings and describe their involvement.

4. How and why was this particular review initiated?

5. What criteria involved in this particular review led to the suspicion that warranted further inquiry?

6. What the guidelines under which the FBI conducts its review of campaign filings?

7. Please describe how the FBI's reviews of campaign filings are conducted.

8. How many campaign filings has the FBI reviewed in each year from 2008 to the present?

9. On average, how long does it take to complete a review of a campaign filing?

10. How many agents are assigned, per case, to review campaign filings?

11. On average, how many man hours are spent reviewing campaign filings?

12. When did the FBI begin routinely reviewing campaign filings?

Here's a copy of the letter:

Letter to FBI Director Comey Regarding Dinesh D'Souza

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senators-demand-fbi-head-answer-questions-about-indictment-dinesh-dsouza_782781.html

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:12:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Holder is so crooked it is disgusting.

When the state of the union was on and I watched all of Obama's cabinet walk in, it made me sick. They are all criminals. They should be in jail. Instead, because we had the first half-black American as President, they walked the red carpet.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

I think they should share a cell with their partners at Gitmo.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
That is a good idea.

Who would be shocked if Obama pardoned terrorists and half his cabinet on the way out?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think they should share a cell with their partners at Gitmo.

Works for me  :smokin: