Author Topic: NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born  (Read 689 times)

Offline Rapunzel

NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:28:05 am »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-killed-abortion-born?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_term=Facebook&utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=black-babies

February 20, 2014 - 11:31 AM
By Michael W. Chapman

(AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born there (24,758), and the black children killed comprised 42.4% of the total number of abortions in the Big Apple, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.

The report is entitled, Summary of Vital Statistics 2012 The City of New York, Pregnancy Outcomes, and was prepared by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office of Vital Statistics. (See  Pregnancy Outcomes NYC Health 2012.pdf)

Table 1 of the report presents the total number of live births, spontaneous terminations (miscarriages), and induced terminations (abortions) for women in different age brackets between 15 and 49 years of age. The table also breaks that data down by race – Hispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander, Non-Hispanic White, Non-Hispanic Black – and also by borough of residence: Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island.

The numbers show that in 2012, there were 31,328 induced terminations (abortions) among non-Hispanic black women in New York City.  That same year, there were 24,758 live births for non-Hispanic black women in New York City.  There were  6,570 more abortions than live births of black children.

In total, there were 73,815 abortions, which means the 31,328 black babies aborted comprised 42.4% of the total abortions.

For Hispanic women, there were 22,917 abortions in New York City in 2012, which is 31% of the total abortions.

abortion
Black and Hispanic abortions combined, 54,245 babies, is 73% of the total abortions in the Big Apple in 2012.

The number of non-Hispanic white abortions was 9,704, and the number of Asian and Pacific Islander abortions was 4,493.

The total number of live births in New York City in 2012 for women ages 15-49 was 123,231. That is a rate of 14.8 live births per 1,000 women, which is the lowest rate since 1979, according to the report. In addition, the live birth rate (per 1,000 women) has declined 3.9% since 2003, when it was a 15.4 rate, states the report. (See Pregnancy Outcomes NYC Health 2012.pdf)

In addition, while there were 73,815 abortions in New York City in 2012, the rate of abortions per 1,000 women is down 8.6% since 2011, according to the report.

Although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have not published their abortion statistics for 2011 or 2012 yet, they do have data for 2010.  (See Table 12.)  In the CDC’s numbers, there were 38,574 black babies killed by abortion in New York City in 2010; Hispanic babies aborted, 27,112; white babies killed by abortion, 9,220; and “other” aborted, 5,368.  The total abortions in New York City in 2010 “reported by known race/ethnicity” were 80,274, according to the CDC.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: NYC: More Black Babies Killed by Abortion Than Born
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:37 am »
Stunning.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:34 am »
I'm sorry.  I'm like Rush....the Mayor of Realville.

Given the current state of the so-called African-American family today, who can say this is a bad thing?

To see this statistic exploited in this manner is disgusting.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:53 am »

Given the current state of the so-called African-American family today, who can say this is a bad thing?

The babies are being murdered, DC.

How can that be anything but a "bad thing?"

Unless you're Margaret Sanger, or a Progressive, that is............
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:48 am »

I must admit to having the same impulse.  I once read a compelling piece that suggested the dramatic crime decrease of the late 90's was due to Roe v. Wade. 

Stunning nonetheless.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:41:43 am by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 03:48:05 am »
It gets even sadder when you consider that of the black babies that are not aborted - a majority of them are born to single mothers.  Just how many of them are actually born to stable homes? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 03:53:22 am »
The babies are being murdered, DC.

How can that be anything but a "bad thing?"

Unless you're Margaret Sanger, or a Progressive, that is............

Please.  Abortion is very personal to me.  Enough said.

The fact of the matter here is that we've reached the point where we prove Stalin correct.  "A single death is a tragedy.  A million deaths is a statistic".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »
When one major political party is a cult of death and the other is an enabler, what do you expect?  This is why is so hypocritical when the young ladies who deliver their babies at the junior prom, flush them down the toilet or leave them in the garbage and go back to do the "Hokey Pokey" are charged and sent to prison.
This nation is rotting from the inside out.  Perhaps, if people decided to focus on punishments in the here and now and not some post-death retribution, we would all be better off.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 05:02:12 pm »

Cannot present the facts, that would be racist!