Author Topic: Lamar Alexander crushing Tea Party foe, leads 7-1 among key conservatives  (Read 8577 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Lamar Alexander crushing Tea Party foe, leads 7-1 among key conservatives
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
The team that you (all of us actually) root for has been in the game the entire time that the nation has been on this course. To one degree or another, there has always been a GOP "team" on the field, yet, here we are, $17 trillion in debt, $127.9 trillion in unfunded liabilities, and our "team" is now going to "fix" Obamacare.

So while I agree with the whole "team" thing, I have to wonder whether our team is basically the Washington Generals to the DNC's Globetrotters, just there to give the appearance that there's a game going on.

You described some of the reasons why some of us (myself included) don't really believe the myth that we any longer (if we ever really did) have a "team" on the field.  (And your Washington Generals vs. Globetrotters analogy is excellent on so many fronts!!)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2014, 03:26:16 pm »
The team that you (all of us actually) root for has been in the game the entire time that the nation has been on this course. To one degree or another, there has always been a GOP "team" on the field, yet, here we are, $17 trillion in debt, $127.9 trillion in unfunded liabilities, and our "team" is now going to "fix" Obamacare.

So while I agree with the whole "team" thing, I have to wonder whether our team is basically the Washington Generals to the DNC's Globetrotters, just there to give the appearance that there's a game going on.

For me the GOP is, and has always been, nothing but a vehicle to get us where we  want to go! It is much easier to take over from within than start a new party from scratch and that, IMHO is EXACTLY the course we need to follow and which I fully intend to continue following!!

I'm going to win some, loose some and draw some but as long as I don't quit I WILL win in the end!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:28:17 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2014, 03:47:26 pm »
For me the GOP is, and has always been, nothing but a vehicle to get us where we  want to go! It is much easier to take over from within than start a new party from scratch and that, IMHO is EXACTLY the course we need to follow and which I fully intend to continue following!!

I'm going to win some, loose some and draw some but as long as I don't quit I WILL win in the end!

If conservatives, libertarians, disaffected Democrats, rattle their cages long enough and loud enough we can force McConnell and Boehner to pay attention, because it's at that point they'll feel the heat and worry about their jobs and their legacy (if they even care about that).

Offline Carling

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2014, 08:14:28 am »
TiltingAtWindmills.com

Ranting here accomplishes nothing. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2014, 11:47:18 am »
TiltingAtWindmills.com

Ranting here accomplishes nothing.

Attacking an imaginary enemy?

Who is the imaginary enemy?

The only imagination I see going on is that the democrats think marxism, arab springs, nationalized health care, disarmament and sitting around singing works. The imagination of riding unicorns in Peter Pan land. The 1980's called they want their Jimmy Carter failure idea back.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?