Author Topic: Obama Crackdown on Press Freedom Escalates  (Read 1043 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama Crackdown on Press Freedom Escalates
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:54 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama Crackdown on Press Freedom Escalates
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:41 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
I cannot believe what has become of my country.

effing Baby Boomers........
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
That is true but if he pushes this that may change in a hurry!

I don't believe it would ever change. The media has had ample reason to reevaluate their deep love for Obama. They have ignored any Obama transgression and love him as much as ever.

The media, is our number one, and most lethal enemy.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »

The media, is our number one, and most lethal enemy.

And not until they're dealt with.....with that FACT in mind, nothing is going to change.

They need to fear 'US" more than they fear Barack Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
And not until they're dealt with.....with that FACT in mind, nothing is going to change.

They need to fear 'US" more than they fear Barack Obama.

Which raises a question I have long wondered about which is who is propping up most of the MSM? Their readership/viewership is totally in the tank and with that goes the advertising sales so some one, or some thing,  is propping them up. Who? Or What?

Offline Millee

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »
Which raises a question I have long wondered about which is who is propping up most of the MSM? Their readership/viewership is totally in the tank and with that goes the advertising sales so some one, or some thing,  is propping them up. Who? Or What?

Very interesting question, Bigun. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:40:48 PM »

We geezers tend to think alike, Bigun!   :beer:

Soros comes to mind.

But when you control the IRS and the CIA and FBI and the Justice Department, at the speed the scales of justice turn....you can do just about anything you damned well please.

Nobody's detailed where that monthly stipend of $83 BILLION into the stock market actually goes.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

Soros comes to mind.

But when you control the IRS and the CIA and FBI and the Justice Department, at the speed the scales of justice turn....you can do just about anything you damned well please.

Nobody's detailed where that monthly stipend of $83 BILLION into the stock market actually goes.

That's true but the problem predates the current administration. 

For years (since the failure and break up of the old Soviet Union) we have been reading and hearing about the fall of Communism as if those two things are synonymous. I have never accepted that they are. I believe Communism is alive and thriving as never before and THAT explains who is propping them up!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »

I saw this today....and hope it's appropriate for this thread.    :patriot:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »

Soros comes to mind.

Soros has bought into the papers of all the major university journalism departments, and he has bought into many newsrooms as well.... remember he has so many sub, sub, sub companies much of what he has done is buried deep.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Michael Savage just reported that he did a major short sale of stocks two weeks prior to the Ukraine blowing up.

...follow the money.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
One of the questions...."Have you ever wanted to pursue a story and was told by your management/editor that you couldn't?"

Paraphrased.....but nonetheless.

It's a vehicle to test the loyalty and pedigree of their own personnel.

If I was a camera person and had firsthand knowledge that the newsreader was being rebuffed, I'd..........(let's see, I have a mortgage, child-care, car payments, child support, taxes).....shut the hell up!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 09:05:08 PM »
Imagine if GW Bush had done this..
“If he will lie to or mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American public? Private conduct does have public consequences.”
Franklin Graham

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »
Good point.  and on a side note I think filming in #3 has almost or has wrapped... can't wait for the last episode

I've read the book a couple of times and wouldn't want anything to do with trying to produce the movie! Ayn is the most verbose writer I have ever encountered! Takes a 100 words to say what could have been said in 10!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf