Author Topic: Head of GOP Anti-Tea Party Group: Ted Cruz Should Leave Party  (Read 1091 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Head of GOP Anti-Tea Party Group: Ted Cruz Should Leave Party
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:02:02 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/02/20/Head-of-GOP-Anti-Tea-Party-Group-Reprehensible-Ted-Cruz-Should-Leave-Party

by Tony Lee 20 Feb 2014, 1:36 PM PDT

The leader of a super PAC that is using donations from labor unions to wage war on the Tea Party went on MSNBC to say that Sen. Ted Cruz should leave the Republican party.

Former Rep. Steven LaTourette is a member in the establishment's war on the Tea Party. His deceptively named "Defending Main Street" PAC is being financed primarily by Wall Street and labor unions, which have contributed at least 20% to the group's fundraising haul.

In an appearance on MSNBC's The Last Word on Tuesday, LaTourette said that Cruz was "reprehensible" for forcing Republicans to go on the record to advance a bill to raise the debt ceiling without reducing spending. Cruz forced those like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) to vote to move the bill to the floor. McConnell said he had to act to "protect the country" before then voting against final passage of the bill, which passed with no Republican support.

"I don't think he is a Republican, to tell you the truth," LaTourette said on MSNBC, dividing Republicans on a liberal outlet that has vilified Republicans to the point where RNC Chairman Reince Priebus had previously called for a boycott. "I wish he would stop being a Republican and leave the party. That would be a nice thing."

LaTourette continued to criticize Cruz and conservatives for trying to "cannibalize" and "criticize" the party without mentioning that conservatives have been frustrated that when Republicans--like LaTourette--finally got control of government during the 2000s they expanded it instead of shrinking it. Conservative voters have elected those like Cruz and Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) to make the GOP more reflective of its voters that have been trending more conservative the last 13 years since the "Boomtown" GOP crowd started controlling the federal government.

Yet, the more LaTourette and his gang of establishment Republicans want to get rid of Cruz and declare their hatred of him, the more his favorability ratings among conservatives and Tea Partiers rise.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Head of GOP Anti-Tea Party Group: Ted Cruz Should Leave Party
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:04:03 am »
 :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: given Steven LaTourette is using UNION money from DEMOCRATS to fight the TEA PARTY I would say he is the one who should stop calling himself a Republican.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 12:21:17 am »
Steven LaTourette ..you first
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 12:30:00 am »
Steven LaTourette ..you first

Seriously....  can anyone *&@^ more than this dirtbag??

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:49 am »
Seriously....  can anyone *&@^ more than this dirtbag??

Ted Cruz and company have these people REALLY worried for the first time in a LONG time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:51 am »
Yeah, that's flop sweat on the upper lip of Steven LaTourette and Karl Rove.  Ted Cruz - not BARACK OBAMA - is their worst nightmare!  The tea party wants to evict you cons out of OUR nation's capital.  You're going down!

***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:04:25 am »
Yeah, that's flop sweat on the upper lip of Steven LaTourette and Karl Rove.  Ted Cruz - not BARACK OBAMA - is their worst nightmare!  The tea party wants to evict you cons out of OUR nation's capital.  You're going down!

***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@     ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@      ***gadsen@@@

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:08:18 am »
I love that Alice.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 01:55:29 am »
You know, I just love that during the last election, everyone kept telling us the tea party was dead - this was while the IRS was tying our hands behind our backs by hindering our grassroots organizations from getting out there and raising money and candidates. 

And where is the outrage from the Republican leadership? ...

... crickets.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!