Author Topic: Cruz Storms GOP Establishment Stronghold in Sunshine State with Record-Setting Crowd  (Read 3902 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Considering the fact that the proceeds of this event with these 2K people are going to the Sarasota County GOP, it seems to me he is getting along with local grassroots GOPers just fine.  It's only the Washington Republicans like McCain who hold him in disdain, which the rest of us consider a badge of honor.   

Ted Cruz gets along with grassroots Republicans just fine! It's the Washington elites and the consultants who have a problem with him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

No, they should not support raising the minimum wage - that will only make it worse.  Obamacare is a raise in taxes, and these old-timers aren't doing anything to try to stop it.  They're not FIGHTING anymore - Lord, they're not even trying to create a facade of fighting anymore.  They have become ineffective at keeping the promises they throw so loosely at us come re-election time...it's just lip-service and we can see right through it.

We don't want Republicans to smile and call each other "my friend across the aisle" and yield compromises that the Democrats never, never, never reciprocate to.  The Republican party seems to be content being the loser party. 

And how about that strategy of treating the guys that we send to Washington based on their promises of changing the way things are done - and when they try to do something - they are scorned, mocked and ridiculed even to the point of telling them they should leave the party?  How's that any way to treat a significant number of your base? 

We're mad at the empty promises, the out-of-control spending and the scorn.  The anger is palpable now.

I suggest you watch the results of primaries over the next six months.  A few TPers will defeat a few incumbents, but all the big-name targets (McConnell, Cornyn, Alexander, even Lindsey Graham) will likely win outright in their contests.

Unlike Ted Cruz, who was an accomplished Solicitor General for the State of Texas, these challengers have no relevant experience, and some are outright losers who are obviously novices in the political realm.  They have little or no money, and even the support of the TP PACs won't help much.

The TP is intent on devouring other Republicans.  Most Republican voters are not on board with that, and you're going to see the results.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I suggest you watch the results of primaries over the next six months.  A few TPers will defeat a few incumbents, but all the big-name targets (McConnell, Cornyn, Alexander, even Lindsey Graham) will likely win outright in their contests.

Unlike Ted Cruz, who was an accomplished Solicitor General for the State of Texas, these challengers have no relevant experience, and some are outright losers who are obviously novices in the political realm.  They have little or no money, and even the support of the TP PACs won't help much.

The TP is intent on devouring other Republicans.  Most Republican voters are not on board with that, and you're going to see the results.

Was this thread about the Tea Party?  I was under the impression we were discussing Ted Cruz and his appearance in FL.  I'm glad you consider him "accomplished." 

I guess we should just appoint you to determine who should be allowed to run and not run in GOP primaries.  Then things wouldn't be so messy and your heroes wouldn't have to defend their records.  Personally, I welcome all competition in the party.  I think it's healthy for politicians to have to explain themselves, even if their competitors are just sparring partners.  If some moderate were running a primary campaign against Cruz or Paul or Lee, I wouldn't be whining about it.  I'd welcome it, in fact.

Online Lando Lincoln

I can only hope that the electorate sorts this out.  Since I was a boy, there has been something inside me that has felt this nation - this Nation - was a Divine inspiration.  If you understand what I am saying, no explanation is necessary.  If you don't, no explanation is possible.  Currently, we are being tested in ways unlike any time in since the Civil War because it is our collective soul is at stake. Our world is the most perilous ever in ways we can not comprehend.  Our Nation is on the precipice of collapse and totalitarianism, an unfathomable thought a half generation ago, could actually be in our future. 

All I know, is the leadership we need must come from the right.  I pray, I trust, we will find that person.  I will not bicker with those who want the same outcome as me.

(Drama now parked.)
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can only hope that the electorate sorts this out.  Since I was a boy, there has been something inside me that has felt this nation - this Nation - was a Divine inspiration.  If you understand what I am saying, no explanation is necessary.  If you don't, no explanation is possible.  Currently, we are being tested in ways unlike any time in since the Civil War because it is our collective soul is at stake. Our world is the most perilous ever in ways we can not comprehend.  Our Nation is on the precipice of collapse and totalitarianism, an unfathomable thought a half generation ago, could actually be in our future. 

All I know, is the leadership we need must come from the right.  I pray, I trust, we will find that person.  I will not bicker with those who want the same outcome as me.

(Drama now parked.)

I share your belief that the coming forth of this nation was divinely inspired and pray daily that our Father in Heaven will help us restore it to that which He intended!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And when do they ever UNDO any of these laws?  Never!  They don't enforce the ones they've got so they have to make a big show about making new laws.  It's like a snake eating it's own tail!
They undid the sequester cuts...oppps that didn't help my argument.

The GOP ended AFDC.  They let Clinton's AWB sunset.  They have undone numerous tax increases and forced the Anointed One to make Bush's tax cuts permanent.  They ended most late term abortions, They cut food stamps and unemployment in troubling economic times.  They eliminated the Iraq War Resolution after Saddam was hung. They undone a lot of stuff.  They've been trying to undo Obamacare but they need a majority to do that because of some silly thing called the Constitution.

Offline WAYNE

Far to many folks are selling Cruz short. His appearance there , and else where , reminds me a lot like Reagans early days on the trail. Far more similarities than dissimilarities. 

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Hmmm doesn't look like he is an embarrassment to anyone but the GOP establishment.

No, he is not. It seems a lot of people who got their social security payments gutted because of medicare costs rising because of Obamacare in Florida. Are simply not going to take the republican establishments line of bull anymore.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:56:46 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The GOP ended AFDC.  They let Clinton's AWB sunset.  They have undone numerous tax increases and forced the Anointed One to make Bush's tax cuts permanent.  They ended most late term abortions, They cut food stamps and unemployment in troubling economic times.  They eliminated the Iraq War Resolution after Saddam was hung. They undone a lot of stuff.  They've been trying to undo Obamacare but they need a majority to do that because of some silly thing called the Constitution.

More people are on welfare and food stamps than ever.  That's some "undoing."

Offline katzenjammer

Quote from: Lando Lincoln on February 20, 2014, 09:47:40 PM

(Drama now parked.)

I share your belief that the coming forth of this nation was divinely inspired and pray daily that our Father in Heaven will help us restore it to that which He intended!

2 Chronicles 7:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

How does talking points from the left apply to this subject exactly?

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Lando Lincoln

2 Chronicles 7:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

It wasn't alcohol induced but I was feeling particularly... maudlin when I typed that...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

It wasn't alcohol induced but I was feeling particularly... maudlin when I typed that...

I know of which you speak...  at some points lately it seems inevitable to me that maudlin can take over temporarily....  I don't necessarily like it, but it does happen.

Offline sinkspur

More people are on welfare and food stamps than ever.  That's some "undoing."

Now how in hell is that the Republicans' fault?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

How does talking points from the left apply to this subject exactly?

When you can't refute the truth, attack the messenger.  Good job.

Offline Carling

I was listening to Hannity today for the first time in a while.  There was a woman on supporting whichever Tea Party candidate is running against Sessions in the GOP primary (Pierson, I think).  One of the reasons she used to criticize Sessions was that he voted to cut benefits to poor people.  I almost drove my car off of the road.  Nancy Pelosi could not have said that Dem talking point any better.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

Now how in hell is that the Republicans' fault?

It just is.  The far right is an absolute spiral right now, and instead of focusing on Democrats, they are wasting money on candidates who won't win primaries, let alone a general election. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline evadR

Would Mitch McConnell be different IF he had a majority?

What does his past tell us?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Would Mitch McConnell be different IF he had a majority?

What does his past tell us?

LMAO...we know the answer to that...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
It just is.  The far right is an absolute spiral right now, and instead of focusing on Democrats, they are wasting money on candidates who won't win primaries, let alone a general election.

Your theory has some problems. I like what I am hearing from candidates other than the established GOP and I am far from, far right.

I was listening to Hannity today for the first time in a while.  There was a woman on supporting whichever Tea Party candidate is running against Sessions in the GOP primary (Pierson, I think).  One of the reasons she used to criticize Sessions was that he voted to cut benefits to poor people.  I almost drove my car off of the road.  Nancy Pelosi could not have said that Dem talking point any better.

I argue with rats too, so if I worded the point poorly let me correct it by calling it "making the tough choice to reduce the cost of popular programs like UI and foodstamps."  The point is the GOP does accomplish corrections to legislation for the good and the rats don't.

Your theory has some problems. I like what I am hearing from candidates other than the established GOP and I am far from, far right.
The fringe right stands on a point so far removed from the center that they see the GOP and the rats as nearly identical and the fact that almost all the elected representatives come from the two major parties is lost on them.  rat majorities in the Senate and a rat President do not give them pause.  The far right believes they are the center, and a majority, despite claiming only a dozen US Senators and several dozen Congressmen as their own.