Author Topic: Mike Rowe Announces Major News About His Seven-Year Relationship With Ford  (Read 447 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/19/mike-rowe-announces-major-news-about-his-7-year-relationship-with-ford/#

Mike Rowe Announces Major News About His Seven-Year Relationship With Ford
Feb. 19, 2014 1:59pm Erica Ritz   

Mike Rowe revealed on Glenn Beck’s radio program Wednesday that his longtime partnership with the Ford Motor Company is coming to an end.

“After seven years, we’re going in different directions, and I’m wishing them every possible success that any car company could ever have,” Rowe said. “A great run for me. But, yeah. Ford and I are, you know, not ‘Ford and I.’”

The former “Dirty Jobs” personality, who was featured in a number of Ford commercials, described Ford as “one of the finest companies in the history of companies” and cited its many contributions to the automotive field.

But Rowe said he is in a place where he wants to advance the “PR campaign for hard work, skilled labor, risk [and] entrepreneurship.” He recently released the book, “Profoundly Disconnected: A True Confession From Mike Rowe,” directing all proceeds to be used for work ethic scholarships and advocacy campaigns for American manufacturing with the mikeroweWORKS Foundation.

Rowe said: “I want to talk about manufacturing, I want to talk about skilled labor, I want to talk about the idea that employers and employees aren’t enemies of each other and that we’ve all got skin in the game. So that’s the campaign I’m looking for.”

But that doesn’t mean he completely is out of the commercial business. Rowe recently came under fire for voicing a commercial for Walmart, but said he stands by the company’s message that “work is a beautiful thing.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Mike Rowe Announces Major News About His Seven-Year Relationship With Ford
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:33 am »
He's got a face for television.  His departure from FORD isn't going to hurt him.   On the contrary...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Mike Rowe Announces Major News About His Seven-Year Relationship With Ford
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:33:33 am »
He's got a face for television.  His departure from FORD isn't going to hurt him.   On the contrary...

I like him a lot... and I like what he is doing...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776