Author Topic: ‘House of Cards’ Star Decides ‘D.C. Is More Corrupt Than Hollywood’ After ‘Senior’ Obama Official Told Her This  (Read 682 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/19/house-of-cards-star-decides-d-c-is-more-corrupt-than-hollywood-after-senior-obama-official-told-her-this/

‘House of Cards’ Star Decides ‘D.C. Is More Corrupt Than Hollywood’ After ‘Senior’ Obama Official Told Her This
Feb. 19, 2014 7:29pm Jason Howerton   

Actress Robin Wright, who plays Claire Underwood on the hit Netflix production “House of Cards,” proclaimed in a recent Q&A with Capitol File magazine that “D.C. is more corrupt than Hollywood.”

The February issue of Capitol File. (Photo by Andrew Eccles.)

One of the details that caused her to arrive at such a conclusion reportedly came from a “senior person” in the Obama administration, who told her that — like on the show — reporters really do sleep with their D.C. sources.

That apparently wasn’t all she learned while researching what goes on in Washington, D.C., while researching her role as a powerful politician’s wife. She just didn’t reveal everything she was told.

“D.C. is more corrupt than Hollywood. It really is. It’s more sleazy than Hollywood… how much infidelity goes on,” Wright said.

The entire second season of “House of Cards” was released exclusively on Netflix last week and has received very positive reviews.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

The former "Robin Wright Penn" as in Sean Penn.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline R4 TrumPence

Watching this show, you could not doubt that whitewater was REAL LOL   And watching Scandal is creepy too, they dispose of bodies that officials have killed, ala Vince Foster.

That is why I said on another thread, that these might as well be documentaries. LOL

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mountaineer

Hollywood and D.C. may be equally corrupt, but it's what goes on in D.C. that more directly adversely affects all of us.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I have an attorney friend who was a DC lobbyist in the 80's and 90's.  She said DC was a cesspool, even back then, and that the House of Cards depiction is pretty accurate.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I keep meaning to watch "House Of Cards" I suppose I would have to Netflix to catch-up?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?